37

Estella

This. Everything between me and Cade was fake. How had I let myself believe for so long that he was capable of anything but cruelty. He takes what he wants, he doesn't care for others; why did I think I would be an exception? He said earlier tonight we had something planned tomorrow. What exactly would that be? How would I sleep tonight? And how am I going to get out of this?

The more I thought about it, the more I realized there's nothing holding me to him except empty threats that he has yet to follow through with. In fact, he had the perfect opportunity at the cliff with killing me. And he has even more of an opportunity constantly being around my family this week— my only family. If he wasn't bluffing then surely he would've already done something.

That is how I fall asleep tonight, that thought that I can get out of this because he has nothing on me. That is how I'm going to escape him.

~~

The next morning I wake up, completely aware of what today holds. Cade has something planned right? Well then let's make the best of this before I explain to him why he has absolutely no hold on me.

I dress myself in a pair of ripped jeans with a nice light blue blouse after my shower. I lightly do my makeup and blow dry my hair before putting it into two braids that land on my shoulders. I look good, and he's gonna see what he's missing. Of course I don't even want him to care because I need to get away from him. But it'll still feel good to know I'm hot and he can't touch me.

I trail down the steps, my eyes meeting him and Jules standing close together. Too close. Oh my God.
"What's going on?" I try to stay calm and positive, nothing was happening right? Jules wouldn't do that to me?

"Nothing." Jules brushes her hair off of her shoulder revealing fresh red marks with an outlining ring of purple as she innocently smirks at me.

"You slut!" I scream at her. She knows I came here with him. I can't help myself but launch at her, coming face to face with her in a matter of second.

"You said you were just friends, right?" She plays her words with a condescending tone. Is she serious right now? I thought we hashed out our problems— I mean I knew we wouldn't be perfect but for her to do this? My anger courses through me and before I can stop myself, I slap her across her cheek. It wasn't a hard slap but enough for her to know how mad I am.

She shoves me back into the staircase, tripping on the landing I smack my head against the floor. She was always much stronger than me, and when we fought it normally became physical. Cade glanced over to me, making eye contact before walking over and lending a hand out to help me up. Is he stupid?

I smack his hand away and get up off the floor. Embarrassed he's seen me get shoved, my cheeks flush a deep red that I can feel over my entire body.
"I don't need your fucking help. I thought we were going out?"

"Yeah let's go." He says sternly while walking to the door and opening it, gesturing for me to lead the way. I don't give Jules another glance before walking through the door.

When we get into the car, I turn my head towards the window refusing to look at him or even give him the satisfaction of seeing my hurt expression.
"Estella-"

"Don't. You can fuck whoever you want. Don't explain your whoring to me." I snap back at him. If he can call me a whore when I don't do anything, then I can sure as hell call him one. I was enraged by his behavior, last night hurt me but this was a new low.