27

Estella

"Well what the fuck is happening here?" Derek smirked at the two of us as Cade quickly buttoned his pants. He stepped in front of me as if shielding me from Derek. I was liking this new guy less and less.

"You didn't see anything." Cade seethed at him. I kept quite because I was scared even a small peep would cause them to go mad.

"I saw it all, princess." He directed his gaze to me at the last word. Oh god, the embarrassment went straight to my cheeks and I drifted closer to Cades back without even realizing it.

Cade stepped away, and I thought it was to simply to move farther from me. But the next thing happened so quickly, Cade had pinned Derek to the wall with his arm pressed against Dereks airway. "Let me say it again. You. Didn't. See. Shit." Cade spat at him. Was he doing this for my protection or his?

"Wow Cade, threatening your own man? Is the slut that fucking good? Now you gotta let me try her out." Why was he egging him on? I wasn't sure Cade would react at all until I saw his fist collide with Dereks eye.

It was a hard punch, definitely gonna leave a bruise. I thought he was done but he wound his arm back and slammed his fist with Dereks jaw over and over.

"Cade stop!" I screamed at him. Derek was knocked unconscious by this point, only thing holding him to the wall was Cade. He turned towards me, barely meeting my eyes.

"You just ruined so much. Do you even realize what I'm going to have to do now? All because you were being a fucking whore." What? I thought he wanted me to, he was encouraging it.

"I'm sorry." I was unsure of what he would do next, he wouldn't hurt me right? We were passed that, at least I think.

"Good." No he didn't let me finish.

"No. I'm sorry your little friend saw us. I'm sorry that you're a dick! How dare you call me a whore? How many girls do you fuck a night? And you're calling me a whore? Fuck you Cade. You are nothing more than a prick with a huge ego."
I didn't realize how high my voice had raised. But his eyes on me were telling me how angry he was that I talked back. But I told myself after David that I would never let a man talk to me like that again.

"You're going back to Seattle as soon as I can find a plane. I'll pay for it. Just stay the fuck out of my way when you come back. And I hope you're aware; you have to come back. Don't make me come there and get you." His mood changed entirely, no more energy to fight. Instead he was just letting me go.

"Good. I'm leaving." Was all I said before walking out of the office. Of course I had no idea where I would go or how I would get anywhere, I could call Ruby or Jen but there would be too many questions. Ben was the only name I could deal with picking me up.

~~

"Ben? Can you come get me? I'll send my location."

"Yeah of course Stella." Well that was easy. Now the trick was to make sure Cade didn't see me leaving with him.

He texted me he was outside the building and I don't think I've ever walked faster in my life. I was getting the hell away from here, and I don't even care what Cade has to say about it. He told me I could leave so I'm gone. If he thinks I'm just gonna come back here too? Not happening.

I could hear footsteps behind me and I knew exactly who it was going to be.
"Who the fuck is outside?" He had the nerve to be mad right now! He just called me a whore.

"One of my friends." He rolled his eyes and scoffed at my answer.

"Don't play dumb princess, who the fuck is it?"

"It's Ben." His fists immediately clenched at his sides. Whatever. Fuck this, he can't control me.

"No. You aren't going with him."

"You can't decide that for me. You said I could leave." I challenge back.

"I will go out there right now and kill him myself if you don't text him and say he can leave. You're not fucking going with that dick." How did he have the right to tell me what to do?

"You won't. You don't control me, I don't care what you have to say. All you ever do is insult me." I was more frustrated than I had been earlier in the office. This man brought out the worst in me.

"I won't? Watch me." He seethed at me turning towards to door and walking out. I ran after him to make sure he didn't hurt Ben but by the time I got out there Ben had already pulled off.

"What did you say to him?" I was done at this point. He can't tell my friends anything, he's not in charge of me.

"I told him not to come near my girl again."

"I'm not your fucking girl Cade! I should've never even associated with you." I knew my words hurt him by the pain that flashed in his eyes. It made me feel good to know he could be hurt. That may be fucked but all he's done is mess up my life.

"If I want someone to think you're mine then I will fucking tell them you're mine." I was done with him. Completely and utterly fed up with him and his bullshit.

"Can you just take me to my apartment so I can pack for Seattle?"

"I'm coming with you." What the hell?

"No you're not. Please don't. I have real family crap going on and I don't need you there threatening my family." I pleaded at him, if he came then so much more would happen. My mom would start asking questions, he could hurt Jules, who knows what the hell he could do?

"I'm coming or you aren't fucking going. End of story. Get in the car so we can get your shit." Well great. This wasn't even up for discussion and now this would be the longest trip home I've ever had.

~~

[ my school semester starts back up on Monday so updates may be a bit more spaced out! But thank you so much for all the love and support <3 ]