ch. 43: All Is Fair In Love and War

Начните с самого начала

She honestly thought that he didn't mean what had gone on. She wasn't aware of the awful things he said, of the terrible things that ran through his mind. I was glad my sister kicked him out on his ass; she was finally back where she belonged. I was getting tired of waiting for my sister to return, and I had only just waited twenty minutes. I shook my head, stood up carefully, told Bella I'd be back soon and then took off towards the direction of her scent.

"Yes, thank you Gen...I really do appreciate this....Mhm... Mhm... Yeah? *sigh* Okay, well just about anyone will do...... if any of them can, you know who I trust. They might not know everything, but at least they know what I partially am and they know about my family.... I-I know, but they're my family...... No! Of course not! I'm trying to avoid any casualties, Gen! I just want to prove a point to them, together....I'm hoping to intimidate them in numbers! Anything besides that!"

Violet was conversing with someone, obviously stressed out and a bit agitated. I didn't like what I heard. War? Someone had obviously mentioned war. She was looking for someone? Gen... that had been my sister's friend, the vampire from France. "Okay, thank you Geneveve. I really do appreciate it. Yes, as soon as you can, please! Okay, okay, until then mon amis.(my friend)"

"What's going on Violette?" I said, knowing she was concentrating again when she first inhaled. She looked at me and I could see she had this pained look in her eyes, one of complete agony. "I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on..."

"Alice was right, I had a vision." I waited for her to continue, her hands tightened and I saw the phone fall to the floor, in pieces. She only looked down angrier now because of what she had accidently done. "Jacob told Sam.... or he will or... I don't know!" She rested her hand on her forehead and bowed her head slightly; she looked like she was fighting an inner war with herself. "Gah arrrr! I don't know what the hell to do anymore! I'm...scared, Edward" I walked up to her.

"Of what? What could possibly be hurting my baby sister so much?" I asked her. "Why are you scared? What does him telling his alpha have anything to do with us?" Suddenly I saw it, a vision filled with blood, snarls, hisses, flames, and a dead Bella. I looked at her, flabbergasted.

"I didn't know what else to do, Edward! I- I panicked! I mean, I was hoping that with numbers we could intimidate them! Scare them off!" My mouth was still wide open, too stunned from what she showed me she was having to cope with on her own. Her family, her mate...my mate. I growled and pulled away, pacing around in a circle and I was close to destroying a couple of trees. "I'm sorry Edward! I can't-" she sobbed out, and it looked like she was having difficulty breathing, but I knew that wasn't the problem.

"I'm going to go tell the others." I ran off, at the moment, my wife's life the only thing on my mind as I left my sister where she was.

*Seth's POV* (yay! First one for me huh?!)

I kept looking between Jacob and the others shocked. Over the couple of months, we had been at peace with the vampires; I had learned to get along well with them, Bella especially. So, what if she was pregnant, why should that matter to us? So, the baby would be different? Did we really classify as normal? I understood that Sam was being over protective of his people, especially his imprint. Those that had imprinted where only worried about the possibility of a threat to their imprints. However, in my opinion we were only endangering an unborn child's life. I tried to understand the angry banter that when on between the pack, especially between Sam and Jacob. Jacob.... That's what I didn't get.

Jacob was obviously the most riled up out of all of us. He said it was because they damned his best friend to this. That he was protecting others from possibly falling to a fate similar to hers. I think that deep down maybe it still had to do because he still had some resentment to the Cullens because Bella did pick a vampire over him. But.... why? He had his imprint. Violet was amazing. She was beautiful, kind, motherly, she was a phenomenon all on her own. So why was he doing this? I'm sure this would hurt her, too. They were her adoptive family too, right? He was choosing this war over his imprint?