Caught in the Act!

It was the next day when both Anirudh and Bondita were in the study, reading up on pregnancy. Anirudh had ordered for pregnancy books over the phone earlier in the morning, and he had gotten a whole variety of them -- from an ayurvedic perspective, as well as books that had been imported from London and were stored in the British libraries here. 

Bondita was resting against a pillow on the sofa in a lying position (Anirudh had insisted she use the pillow, and her legs were on Anirudh's lap as he gently massaged them, one of his hands holding a book, lifting his hand from her leg from time to time to flip the page.

"Pati Babu," Bondita said, flipping through the pages of her own book. "I don't think you need to worry." 

Anirudh was finding the same information in his pregnancy books. 

"The baby is protected by something called amniotic fluid," he read, "It's a bubble around the baby and it protects it from pressure on the outside, as well as pressure on the inside during sexual activity." 

Bondita grinned at him. 

"It means sex during pregnancy is okay," she informed. 

Anirudh still didn't look convinced. He placed his hand on her foot and glanced at the excited Bondita. 

"In my book it says a pregnant woman can get cravings, moodswings, and even heightened sexual drive during pregnancy," she told him with a smile. 

Anirudh tilted his head back, looking up at the ceiling dramatically. No wonder she felt that sudden urge last night. 

Bondita sat up, removing her feet from his lap and moved closer to him on the sofa. Anirudh saw this and moved further away. She moved closer, and he moved further, until he reached the end of the sofa, with her right beside him, no gap between their legs. A smiling Bondita took the book out of his hands and placed it to the side. 

"Are you convinced now, that you hugging me and cuddling with me won't hurt me or the baby?" she asked him softly, taking his hand in hers and holding it. 

He rubbed her hand with his fingers, looking at her. 

"Yes Bondita, the books seem to have proved me wrong," he admitted. 

She laughed and placed her head against his arm. Anirudh lifted his arm and wrapped it around her shoulder, his other hand lightly touching her belly, as she snuggled against his chest. 

"It's still hard to believe our baby is growing inside here," he murmured. 

"It's hard to believe for me too Pati Babu, but it's true," she told him with excitement. 

With a smile, Anirudh held her even closer to him, caressing her hair and cheek intimately, and Bondita felt her excitement rise. Finally, he was hugging her properly out of his own will. 

While holding the embrace, his fingers lightly brushing her cheek, Anirudh leaned towards her and placed a soft kiss on her lips. 

An excited blush on her cheeks, she kissed him even more deeply, pressing her knees against his. 

As they kissed, there were footsteps which approached the study, but the two of them were too lost in each other that they didn't even hear them. 

It was only when a horrified Kaka dropped his cane at the sight of Anirudh and his Bahu in a deep liplock, that they jumped apart, eyes wide. 

"I - I..." Kaka stammered and bent to pick his cane. "I'm going." 

Bondita was so embarrassed. 

"S - s - sorry Kakasasurji," she squeaked. 

Kaka was unable to meet their eyes. 

"What's there to be sorry about?" Anirudh asked, taking hold of her hand.