Her Driving Lessons & A Marriage Proposal

When Bondita woke up, Anirudh wasn't in the room anymore. She touched the spot next to her on the bed where he had been sleeping and blushed, remembering the previous night's events. How he had calmly taught her the first stages of intimacy, and told her that she had to be the one to initiate it. 

Bondita couldn't think about it without wanting to cover her face out of embarrassment. She could barely even comprehend such a thing in her mind -- how was she going to initiate it?

Getting up, she decided to shower and get ready for her day. Everyday was bringing new surprises, and she was eager to see what Anirudh was doing (albeit not being allowed to talk to him as per her Kakasasurji). 

Anirudh on the other hand had left the room in the early hours of the morning and entered his own room, so that they wouldn't get caught. They were safe today, but he had to make sure to keep doing this safely, as he was not intending on actually staying away from Bondita. 

He had great plans today, and for that he needed to take Bondita out of the house. 

"Kaka," Anirudh said to Trilochan, who was having his morning tea. 

Bondita hadn't come downstairs yet. 

He sat next to him as Trilochan looked at Anirudh suspiciously. 

"Yes?" Kaka asked. 

"I have to take Bondita out today," Anirudh said. 

"Marry her first," was Kaka's only response. 

"Kaka, she is a barrister now. I have to help her set up her career," Anirudh urged. "Please." 

"When she goes out without sindoor, won't people catch your lie?" Trilochan asked and indicated to his pocket, which Anirudh was certain held the sindoor box. "Be sensible and just fill her hair's parting with sindoor." 

Anirudh sighed and said, "Kaka, forget about the society. Bondita needs to start her career. Do you think I sent her to London so that she can come back and stay at home all day?"

At this time, Bondita came downstairs. 

"Bahu," Kakasasurji said, "Do you like staying at home?"

"Yes of course," Bondita responded, and bent down to touch his feet and take her Kakasasurji's blessings. 

"See," Trilochan said, touching her head lovingly. 

"Bondita," Anirudh said, looking her in the eye, and Bondita looked down shyly, yesterday night's events flashing in her mind again, "Don't you want to become a proper barrister? You've gotten the title, but you want to work too, right?" 

He had noticed her shy expression, and he couldn't help but feel his mouth curve upwards. Before Trilochan Kaka noticed anything though, he made sure to keep his expression flat and neutral.

"Yes I do," Bondita nodded. 

"Then we have to go out today, and that's it. I will take her to my office," Anirudh said. "I will introduce her to people, so that they know that Barrister Babu Bondita is there too." 

He had a place where he would meet clients and he was planning on taking Bondita there so that she could also begin her barrister career. 

Trilochan removed the box of sindoor from his pocket and placed it on the table. 

"She is not going out without wearing sindoor," Trilochan said. "That's my final verdict." 

"Kaka!" Anirudh argued, but Bondita had taken the box of sindoor and opened it, filling her own hair's parting with it.