Post Wedding Passion

After the rest of the rituals were finished, it was late afternoon. When Bondita was to enter the Roy Choudhary house again, there was a proper Griha Pravesh ritual that was performed. 

The kalasha that contained rice was waiting, and Bondita gently tipped it over with her toe. The rice spilled all over the ground. 

"Our Lakshmi is here," Kaka said, beaming happily to the rest of the family. The guests had already left, and it was just the Roy Choudharys and Sumati Ma now. "She has spread her blessings everywhere." 

Anirudh and Bondita were both smiling, as Bondita dipped her feet in the wet red alta. Then she marked her entry with the footprints, taking one step at a time, her husband walking beside her. 

When she first got married, everyone had been in such a shock that they hadn't been able to register what was happening, so she never got a Griha Pravesh ritual like this. This time, with full love and happiness, she had been welcomed into the Roy Choudhary house as the new daughter-in-law. 

Bondita glanced at her hands and feet, decorated with alta. Her wrists were adorned with the shakha pola, and her toes held toerings. One look into her Pati Babu's eyes, showed her the sindoor that filled her hair's parting as well. 

She truly looked like a married lady. 

When Anirudh saw Bondita staring into his eyes, he smiled. 

"Bondita..." he said, staring at her eyes. 

"Aaina Babu," Bondita repeated, calling him by one of his many names. She didn't remove her gaze.

This one meant mirror Babu. When she needed a mirror and didn't have one, she used his eyes as a reflection. 

Anirudh laughed. He also didn't look away from her.

Kaka noticed this. 

"I forgot to tell you something before," he told the two of them, as the rest of the family members went to work on other things. 

"Hmm?" Anirudh asked, still lost in Bondita's eyes. 

"Tonight is Kalratri," Kaka announced. 

"Hmm..." Anirudh murmured, it not registering in his head. 

"Meaning tonight you and Bahu cannot be together," Kaka told him. 

This caused Anirudh to look up with shock. 

"What?!" Anirudh exclaimed, and he looked at Bondita with horror. 

Even Bondita's heart dropped when she heard that. She knew about Kalratri of course, but she had completely forgotten about it, considering that her and Anirudh were meeting quite frequently before their marriage anyways. 

"Yes," Kaka said and he looked around the place, away from them. "Just one night. Then I won't stop you two from meeting." 

"Kaka, you yourself had said that we can do what we want after marriage. How can you drop this bomb on us now?" Anirudh demanded. 

Bondita pouted. She didn't want to stay away from her Pati Babu today too. 

"Anirudh, tomorrow night I myself will make all the arrangements for your..." Kaka lowered his voice slightly, "Suhaagraat. But today you have to follow this."

Bondita felt her cheeks flush when Kakasasurji mentioned the word suhaagraat. 

Anirudh was frustrated now, but Bondita gently tangled her fingers with his, squeezing his hand. 

Trilochan Babu didn't say anything to them for this act. He was already used to them holding hands when they were younger. His main problem now had been the fact that they were not married, and she was older now so Anirudh's desires could intensify and their hand holding could lead to other things.