Pregnant!

About a month and a half later, Bondita was in the middle of fighting a court case. She was just giving her closing argument, when she felt an overwhelming sense of nausea. 

"And Milord..." she was saying, and she felt the reflexes of her inner digestive muscles push upwards. 

Anirudh who was in the audience, looked up with surprise and concern. 

"S - sorry!" she gasped, bringing her hand to her mouth, trying to hold it back. 

"Barrister Bondita!" the judge said, "Is everything okay?" 

She was gagging, and the judge gave everyone a fifteen minute break. 

Bondita started to run outside the room, and Anirudh ran after her. Before she could make it to the public toilet though, she already felt her vomit come out. 

Anirudh used his own hands, bringing them up to her lips, as she threw up all over his hands. 

"Pati Babu," she gasped, feeling dizzy. "I don't know why..." 

A fellow barrister ran towards them with a towel. Anirudh wiped his hands on it and then took a clean side to gently wipe Bondita's mouth. 

"Bondita, are you okay?" he asked her softly, rubbing her back now. 

She nodded. 

"Y - yes Pati Babu," she said. "I'm fine now." 

Anirudh just shook his head. 

"No you're not. This shouldn't be happening. Let's go to the hospital," he decided. 

"No Pati Babu, at least I should finish the case," she informed him. 

"Bondita," Anirudh warned. "I'm not going to take no for an answer." 

Bondita clutched Anirudh's wrist and said, "I'm really fine! In half an hour the case will finish, and then we can go." 

Anirudh sighed, "But if anything happens now Bondita, I'm going to take you out in front of everyone, and I won't hesitate." 

"Okay Pati Babu," Bondita said with a small smile, always overwhelmed by his care for her. 

Later that day after she won her case, Bondita tried to insist that they should go home but Anirudh refused flatly, and took her straight to the hospital. 

The doctor performed a checkup and announced, "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Roy Choudhary." 

Bondita who was lying on the hospital bed, was holding Anirudh's hand. She glanced up at him, blushing. She had a feeling inside for a few days now that her body was changing, but she had brushed the idea off because things were so busy at court. 

"Congratulations?" Anirudh asked, still not getting it. 

Bondita squeezed his hand and whispered, "I'm pregnant." 

The doctor laughed and said, "Yes Barrister Babu, your wife is around six weeks pregnant." 

Anirudh's eyes widened and he looked at Bondita with utter shock. 

"P - pregnant?" Anirudh gasped, sounding like he couldn't breathe. 

The doctor left the room for them to have some privacy. Bondita had tears of happiness in her eyes, and Anirudh just stared at her with shock. 

"Pati Babu?" she asked and shook his arm. "Say something Pati Babu." 

"B - B - Bondita," Anirudh said, his eyes wide. "I - I -" 

She sat up and Anirudh immediately grabbed her shoulders and gently pushed her back down on the bed. 

"N - no! You aren't getting up!" he told her, sounding afraid.

"What?" Bondita asked. 

He sat down on the bed next to her and said, "You - you might be hurt. S - something might happen to you. We have to be careful."

Bondita furrowed her eyebrows and glared at him. 

"Aren't you happy?" she asked him. 

Anirudh took her hands and brought them to his chest. She could feel the fast pace of his heartbeats. 

"Bondita, I'm very, very happy," he said. "But scared. I don't know what will happen to you. Your body will go through so many changes. You might get hurt. You will be uncomfortable."

Tears slipped down Bondita's cheeks and she said, "Pati Babu even if I have to die to bring this baby --" 

He immediately placed his finger on her lips and leaned towards her. His own eyes had tears. 

"Bondita, you don't know how happy I am," he told her softly, gently resting his forehead on top of hers. "I'm very, very happy. And nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen to you." 

"We will have a baby Pati Babu, our baby," Bondita breathed out, feeling so overwhelmed. 

Anirudh placed his hand on her stomach. 

"There's a baby in here," he muttered, sounding so shocked. 

Bondita laughed and sat up gently. Anirudh tried to get her to lie down again, but one glare from her made him stop. 

She took his hand and brought it to her lips, kissing it gently.  

"I know you love me and you have always acted like I'm fragile. That I can break at any moment. But Pati Babu, I'm strong," she told him, "You made me strong. My body, my mind, my whole life has been filled with strength thanks to you." 

"I know you're strong Bondita. I have no doubt about that. You are way stronger than me," Anirudh told her and sat closer to her.  "But from now we have to be careful." 

He touched her cheek gently and with a smile said, "But I'm happy Bondita. I'm very, very, very happy." 

She just wrapped her arms around him and held him close to her. 

"Group hug," she said with a giggle, because their baby was part of their hugs too now. 

Anirudh hugged her to him, not too tightly because he was scared to even hold her now. Bondita let out an exasperated sigh and hugged him more tightly instead. 

"Pati Babu for the next eight months or so, you don't get to make any decisions for me. What I say will be the final word," she informed. "You aren't in your right senses." 

Anirudh just nodded, in a shock, but he also had the hint of a small smile on his lips. He was feeling an overwhelming conflict of many emotions at once.

Bondita didn't know whether she was the pregnant one or him, when her Pati Babu was the one already going through all the side effects that a pregnant woman had. 

-- 

Hope you enjoyed this! My plan is for this to have one more chapter, and then an epilogue. 

This story has reached 100k views. I am so grateful to all of you who gave so much love to this! 

As a reward I posted the next story early. It's called My Destination, My Bondita and you can get it from my profile. This story is based on what would happen if Bondita never went to London? How would Anirudh grow to accept her as his wife if she was in front of his eyes all this while? Please check it out if you're interested! It will have frequent updates. ❤️