His Haldi Mark

Note: If you skipped the last chapter due to mature content, Anirudh and Bondita got a little more intimate, but still not fully. 

"Bondita," Anirudh whispered in her ear, his hand stroking her arm gently. 

"Hmmmm..." she mumbled. 

"Wake up," he said. 

"Just a little bit longer," she begged. 

"It's already six in the morning," he told her softly. "Do you want to make it for your haldi ceremony?"

When she heard it was her haldi ceremony, she sat up in bed immediately. Then when she realized that she had no clothes on, she blushed and pulled the blanket over herself shyly. 

Anirudh smiled and held her cheeks lovingly. 

"I saw how shy you were last night already," he teased her, "No need to pretend Mrs. Roy Choudhary." 

Bondita looked away from him, a faint blush still on her cheeks. 

Anirudh laughed and passed Bondita her clothes. 

Bondita quickly got ready while Anirudh freshened up. Soon enough, they were both back in the car and on their way to Tulsipur. 

When they got back to Tulsipur, it was almost nine in the morning, and Trilochan Babu was pacing back and forth in front of the door. When the two of them entered, he hit his cane on the ground angrily. 

Sumati Ma was also there, looking upset. 

"All night!" Trilochan yelled at the two of them. "You two were gone all night!" 

"Kaka, the case took all night," Anirudh explained, "We had to drop the lady far away." 

Bondita just looked down, embarrassed.

"Do you know how worried we were?" Trilochan yelled. "No phone call, nothing!" 

"Sorry Kaka, there were no phones," Anirudh said, "I told you that I would bring her back. I brought her on time! I have to go back out to submit the case to court now." 

"No, you aren't going anywhere!" Trilochan hissed. "Now you two have to listen to what I say. Enough! Tomorrow is the wedding and I don't want any issues! After you get married, do whatever you want! But not until then!"

Anirudh sighed and said, "Kaka, it's just one case that I need to submit! It won't take long. I will come right back."

"You have your haldi too jamai babu," Sumati Ma said, holding her white veil, covering her face slightly. Jamai babu, or son-in-law was what she called Anirudh fondly.   

"Bahu, you go and get ready," Trilochan ordered to Bondita. "Otherwise we will be late." 

Bondita nodded and went upstairs, while Anirudh sighed. 

"The court opens in one hour. I will go and file the petition, then come back in time for my haldi," Anirudh explained. "Ma you don't have to worry. Kaka you too. Both of you are worrying needlessly. I guarantee you that me and Bondita will be married tomorrow with no problems."

Then he went upstairs to his room before they could order him to do anything else. 

After Bondita got ready in her yellow haldi saree, she was combing her hair,  when she heard a knock on the door. The soon-to-be bride opened the door and was surprised to see Anirudh there. 

She looked behind him, worried that someone would see, but he quickly entered the room and locked the door behind him. 

"We are already in trouble --" she started, but Anirudh put his finger to her lips.