The Intimacy Talk

Even though the society and Kakasurji deemed this as wrong, it felt so right to Bondita. 

She knew that Kakasasurji had firmly told them that they couldn't be alone together, and touching was definitely not allowed. Yet, the way that Anirudh touched her made her knees feel weak, and she was having a hard time pushing him away. 

Then when he quietened her with a kiss, all she knew how to do was kiss him back. She couldn't struggle. Even though Kakasasurji had given both of them a warning, she just couldn't resist when he was here in front of her. 

While kissing her continuously, he released her hands and slid his hands behind her waist, making her tremble. She didn't know where this would go next, but on top of the warning they were given, and slight fear of the unknown, she was now beginning to get scared. 

Anirudh broke the kiss to make sure she was okay. It was dark in the room, so he turned on her lamp, and noticed Bondita's fearful expression. 

"You're scared because of Kaka?" he asked her. 

She nodded. Anirudh smiled at her and took her hand. 

"I know you respect him a lot, but what we do doesn't concern him," Anirudh told her. "It's between you and me, and not anyone else." 

"But he doesn't understand that Pati Babu. He will think from what he knows. He's grown up with different sets of values and beliefs, and we can't say they are wrong," she responded.

"They are wrong Bondita!" Anirudh argued. 

"For us they are wrong Pati Babu! For Kakasasurji, they are right!" Bondita argued back. "I'm not saying I agree with him, but we have to respect his beliefs at least." 

"Fine," Anirudh said, sounding upset. "If you want to do that, you can." 

Bondita took his hand gently and rested her head on his shoulder. She didn't want to fight with her Pati Babu. 

"I love you, and I want to do everything with you Pati Babu," she told him. The way she said she wanted to do everything with him made his heart beat faster. "I also agree with you on this, and not Kakasasurji, that our relationship is ours and we don't need anyone's approval... no matter who it may be." 

"Then?" Anirudh asked her softly now, turning to look at her. 

"I just don't want him to get hurt," Bondita admitted. 

"He won't get hurt. I know my Kaka well," Anirudh said, "If he finds out, he'll just get mad at us, but he will get over it fast. Bondita, but he won't even find out, so you're worrying unnecessarily." 

She knew her Pati Babu was right. On top of that, she hadn't been with him for seven years, and she felt like she hadn't had enough yet. It would be extremely hard for her to stay away from him too. 

"I've always considered you as my husband from my heart," she whispered to him. "Even if our marriage was broken, I never felt like our relationship was done. From my mind, heart and soul I've accepted you as my husband Pati Babu." 

Anirudh rubbed her fingers gently, remembering the day he had annulled their marriage. It had given him great pain, but he had to do it for the greater good. At that time, Bondita was a young teenager, but he had already known that when she grew up, he would want to spend his whole life with her if that was her wish too.

"Bondita," he said, and sat her down on the bed. He fell to his knees on the ground in front of her and held her hands gently. "This is why I'm saying that our relationship is beyond any relationship that can be named. Everyone, even Kaka is trying to name our relationship. We don't need that."