Lawfully Wedded Barrister Couple

Bondita had just begun to wear her saree, when there was another knock on the door. 

"Maa?" Bondita asked, excited.

"Bondita, it's me," her Sampoorna Didi's voice called. 

Bondita got up and opened the door slowly, seeing her Sampoorna Didi for the first time in many years. 

"Sampoorna Didi?" Bondita squeaked. 

Sampoorna Didi just engulfed Bondita in a tight hug. She broke the hug quickly though and closed the door behind them because Bondita wasn't properly dressed up yet. 

"I came to help you get dressed up Bondita," she said, and touched her cheek. "I have lots to talk to you about." 

Bondita felt tears fill her eyes when she recalled the memories of the times they spent together as a child. 

Sampoorna Didi started to work on her saree, and Bondita just stared, in awe of everything that was happening in front of her. When she had left this house, she hadn't been on best terms with her. After all the plotting that Sampoorna Didi had done, she never thought that her old Didi would be able to return again. 

"You and Anirudh were always meant to be. I always considered you my sister, and I love you very much," Sampoorna Didi said, pleating her saree. "But jealousy and greed got the best of me. I don't know when I got so lost in my insecurities and greed for a change in lifestyle, that I sacrificed the most beautiful relationship I had. The relationship with you." 

Tears fell down her cheeks as Sampoorna Didi tucked her saree in. It reminded her of the old days. When she first got married into this house, Bondita didn't know how to tie a saree. She would sneak out to the river every morning and have Sampoorna Didi tie her saree for her. 

"I won't ask you to forgive me, because it might be hard for you Bondita. After everything I did, I don't even deserve such a thing from you. But I will say sorry, because I really am very sorry, and I hope that I can make it up to you one day," Sampoorna Didi managed to say, tears in her own eyes.

Bondita shook her head as Sampoorna Didi stood up and started to fix her pallu. 

"No Sampoorna Di," Bondita denied, and took her Sampoorna Didi's forearms. Then she engulfed her in a tight hug. "You don't need to ask me for forgiveness. Let's leave everything behind. Let's start fresh. I want my Sampoorna Didi in my life, who always loved me and took care of me." 

Sampoorna Didi hugged her back, and caressed her hair. She said, "I promise you Bondita, I will be the best Didi now." 

Bondita just held her Didi more tightly and cried. 

"Shhh now stop crying," Sampoorna said, caressing her hair. "You haven't worn your makeup yet, but when you do, it will be everywhere if you cry."

"O - okay," Bondita sniffled and broke the hug. 

Sampoorna Didi wiped her tears and with a small smile said, "I wish there was such a makeup that could withstand water." 

Bondita smiled at her Didi. "That would be a hit," she laughed. 

Of course, with it being the 1930s, waterproof makeup had not been invented yet. 

In the other room, Anirudh had finished getting ready, and was waiting in his room, when his eyes landed on the letter that he had tossed to the side. He picked up the letter and opened it. Just as he was about to read it, his Kaka knocked on his door and Anirudh placed the letter to the side again. 

Anirudh opened the door. His Kaka had a big smile on his face.  

"I'm still upset with you," he told Anirudh. "But I will put that aside for now, as finally you have taken a correct major decision in your life."