Good Girl Gone Bad

At that time, there were limited flights, but domestic flights had begun for the rich. This was the first time both Anirudh and Bondita would be taking a plane anywhere. 

Bondita still wasn't speaking to him, and Anirudh didn't know what else to do. When they got on the plane to Goa and fastened their seatbelts, Anirudh tried again to speak to her, but she ignored him once more. 

With a sigh, he rested back and waited for the flight to take off. 

When the flight started to move, he felt her fingers wrap around his hand, and turned to see that her eyes were closed. He smiled, watching her inhale deeply.

"Bondita..." Anirudh murmured, but she opened her eyes and pulled her hand away from his. 

Then she kept quiet and didn't look at him for the rest of the flight. Anirudh let out a resigned sigh. He couldn't have Bondita stay mad at him for their whole trip but he was out of ideas. 

When the flight finally landed and they reached their farmhouse, there was a servant who was ready to greet them. 

"Tell Munshi ji that I was unable to bring the papers this time --" Anirudh was telling the servant at the doorway, but Bondita reached in her bag and silently pulled out the papers. 

She stuffed them in Anirudh's hand and walked inside the beautiful property. Anirudh glanced at the papers and was shocked to see that Bondita had it all this time. 

"Here, you can give this to Munshi ji," Anirudh said, "And you can bring our bags to our room." 

Then he ran after Bondita and took her hand. Her back was faced to him, but she still didn't utter a word. 

"Bondita, you had the papers the whole time?" Anirudh asked. 

Bondita tried to pull her hand away from him, but Anirudh held on more tightly. 

"Bondita answer me," Anirudh said, "You can't stay mad at me like this." 

Bondita turned around to glare at him, and opened her mouth to say something, when their servant walked over to them and said, "Malik, Malkin, your belongings are inside the master bedroom." 

Anirudh turned to glare at the servant for interrupting them, and Bondita used this opportunity to go into the room the servant had come out of. 

"Don't disturb us," Anirudh ordered, and went after Bondita into the room. 

He closed the door behind him and took her hand again, turning her around. 

"Bondita talk to me," he ordered. 

She looked away from him. He held her shoulders and tried to look her squarely in the eyes, but she still refused to speak. 

Anirudh gently held her chin and turned her face so that she would look at him. 

"Bondita, if you're angry with me then scream at me, hit me, do whatever you want! But don't be so silent," he begged. 

"Pati Babu," Bondita finally said, "I don't want to speak to you." 

"What do you want then?" Anirudh asked her. "Do you want to go back?" 

Bondita went and sat on the bed, grabbing a pillow and hugging it to her lap. 

Anirudh sighed and fell to the ground in front of her, bringing his hands to her thighs. He gently held them and said, "Look Bondita, I know I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm sorry. But this isn't the way."

Bondita continued to ignore him. 

Anirudh, now frustrated, stood up and yelled, "Enough is enough Bondita! I realized my mistake, but now you're making a mistake!"