Barrister Babu Bondita and Flowing Interruptions

Anirudh was sitting at the dining table reading a newspaper when Bondita came with Bihari ji and served breakfast for the family. 

He peeked up above his newspaper as she was placing the dishes on the table. Everyone was seated there, but Anirudh was in the mood to romance his new wife. 

"Bondita," he whispered as she was serving him his food. 

She gave him a questioning look, but didn't say anything. 

"Bondita!" Anirudh then said out loud, and she looked at him startled. "Look at this. Look what's going on in this world!" 

"Okay," Bondita said, glancing at the newspaper. "Which news are you talking about Pati Babu?"

There was nothing very different going on. The headlines looked normal to her. What was her Pati Babu talking about? 

"Here, you see this?" Anirudh asked, pointing at the paper, "Come closer and see." 

She stepped closer, confused. He held the newspaper in front of them, using the table as support and took her hand playfully behind the paper so nobody could see.

Her eyes widened. 

"Do you see it now Bondita?" Anirudh asked loudly. 

"Bahu, hurry and read his news or your food will get cold," Kakasasurji said, oblivious to what was happening. 

"Pati Babu," she whispered, almost in a threatening tone, and tried to pull her hand away. 

Anirudh grasped her hand tighter and Bondita forced a smile to show the family that nothing was wrong. 

"Tell us too Anirudh. What is happening?" Binoy asked. 

"There is something in the air," Anirudh said, glancing at Bondita and caressing her hand, "Something different." 

"Huh?" Binoy asked. 

"Mosquitos!" Anirudh said quickly, and Bondita pulled her hand away from him, still forcing a smile. "It seems like there are more mosquitos these days." 

She finished serving the food and sat beside her Pati Babu. 

"So I was thinking --" her Kakasasurji started, but the phone rang outside the dining room. 

"I'll get it," Anirudh said, and he put the newspaper aside before going to answer the phone. 

When Anirudh came back, he had a glow on his face, his eyes full of light. 

"Bondita!" Anirudh said, excitement in his voice. 

She looked at him and stood up, smiling, wondering what had happened to make him so excited. 

Anirudh ran towards her and took both of her hands in his, a big smile on his face. 

"Bondita, your first court case is in four days!" Anirudh told her excitedly, and Bondita's eyes lit up. 

"F - four days?" she gasped, as the whole family watched them with curiosity. 

"Yes Bondita!" he told her proudly. "We got a court date for the domestic violence case. It's coming in four days!" 

Bondita smiled at her Pati Babu, her heart hammering. She wasn't sure if she was excited or nervous, but the idea that she would be fighting her first case in four days from now was thrilling. She was also doubtful of whether she could prepare in such a short time period.

"T - There's lots to prepare," Bondita said nervously. "I don't know if I'll be ready in four days. Why don't you fight this one Pati Babu?"

"You will do great!" Anirudh said to her, "And I'm here with you, right? You have nothing to worry about."