Of Work and Hotel Rooms

The woman had called from a neighbouring house after fleeing from her own place of residence. When they got there, Bondita noticed that she had bruises all over her arms. It seemed like she was in a lot of pain. 

Bondita immediately rushed over to the woman and held her arms out of concern. The lady was sobbing. 

"What happened?" Bondita gasped. 

Anirudh had brought papers into the house. The people who took her in seemed very kind, and left the barrister couple to help the lady alone. 

The lady explained how her husband got drunk and beat her up. He would often do it, but today he was about to kill her with a knife. She had run out of there and barely managed to survive. 

Anirudh was furious. Bondita could feel his anger from beside her. She turned the lady's face so that she would focus on Bondita instead. Anirudh's fury would only scare this lady for now. 

"We will help you," Bondita said, and picked up the paperwork that Anirudh had brought. 

Together, they took care of the emergency case for the lady. After they finished taking the details and working on the paperwork, they offered to take the lady to her maternal home which was two hours away from Tulsipur. 

When they dropped her with her family, Anirudh and Bondita started to drive back towards Tulsipur. 

It was already 2 AM. Anirudh yawned, feeling sleepy. Bondita reached for his hand, squeezing it gently. She was feeling a sense of relief that they had saved the woman from her abusive husband. 

Smiling, he glanced at her and said, "I'm okay Bondita." 

He knew that she was worried about him. 

"Good," she answered, and smiled back at him. 

"What did you think about your first case?" he asked her. "I didn't know it would be in the middle of the night, but you did so well." 

She felt warm when he praised her.

"I feel really bad for her," Bondita admitted, "But I am happy we were able to help her." 

"We have helped her Bondita," Anirudh said with a smile. "And tomorrow I will submit these documents to the court. The police didn't help her, but we will do what we can to get that man arrested." 

"I saw how upset you were," Bondita pointed out. 

"Bondita, the way you handled it was perfect. Sometimes being calm is what the other person needs. She trusted you and confided in you because you were relaxed," Anirudh explained.

"I was also upset Pati Babu, but I knew that if I showed anger, she would feel more afraid," Bondita explained. 

Anirudh smiled proudly. "This is why I'm very proud of you Bondita. You kept your own feelings aside and thought only about what to do to make her feel comfortable." 

She felt very happy when he said he was proud of her. She always loved to make him proud. 

Then after a moment's silence, she asked him, "Why don't we stay here? I mean, there must be a hotel nearby."

Anirudh looked at her with surprise. Bondita was suggesting that they stay in a hotel? 

"We can... get two separate rooms," she then said nervously. "We are both tired, so..." 

She was interrupted by Anirudh's laughter. 

"Bondita, you don't have to justify it. You have full rights to take your husband to a hotel," he told her, and then he winked at her. 

Bondita blushed and looked down. She had really only suggested it because they were tired, and driving in this state was not a good idea. However, the teasing look he was giving her was enough to make her heart flutter again. 

Anirudh parked at a nearby hotel. It wasn't super lavish, but it was what they could find at this hour in the middle of the road. They got out of the car and made their way towards the counter where someone was working. 

"One room please," Anirudh requested and glanced at Bondita, who looked down with a blush. 

She had only suggested two rooms because she didn't want to sound like she was taking him to a room because she had plans. She really just wanted them to sleep. 

The person behind the counter gave them the key, and both Anirudh and Bondita made their way towards their bedroom. 

"Did you want two rooms?" Anirudh teased. 

"Stop it," she whispered, looking away from him. 

"Hey you, I don't know what you're imagining, but I'm tired," Anirudh teased again as they entered their bedroom. "I'm only here to sleep."

"Stop," she begged, feeling her cheeks burn. 

"Never," he laughed. "You look so cute." 

She blushed and said, "I'm going to the washroom." 

She locked the door behind her in the washroom and washed her face. The cold water cooled down her cheeks. Her Pati Babu was too much. The teasing was making her go crazy. 

When she came out of the bathroom, Anirudh was already lying down in bed. Bondita sat on the bed beside him and started to remove her jewelry. 

Anirudh sat up and glanced at her. She looked away and finished removing her jewelry. 

"What is it?" she asked him softly, because his gaze was not lifting off her face. 

"Come to sleep," he whispered to her, and she blushed. 

"Wait, let me turn off the light," she said to him, and Anirudh shook his head. 

"After," he whispered. "I want to hug you first." 

He stretched his arms open, and she leaned in to hug him. As his arms wrapped around her body, she inhaled his scent. This feeling of being protected in his arms was something that she could cherish for her whole life. 

Anirudh pulled her down onto the bed with him, and she snuggled in his arms, closing her eyes and feeling serene. He felt at bliss, holding her to him. He could hold her like this forever. The best part was that nobody was here to interrupt them. 

As he held her to him, her heart was beating loudly. She closed her eyes and hid her face in his shirt, trying to ignore the sudden memories from yesterday that were playing inside of her mind. 

Anirudh stroked her hair with one hand, his other hand gently caressing her back. As he caressed her back, his fingers brushed against the bare skin of her lower back, and he felt Bondita tremble against him. 

The saree covering Bondita felt like an obstacle to him, but he didn't move it. Instead, he kissed the top of her head. 

"Are you tired?" he whispered to her. 

She was tired. She really was. But now he had energized her. Now he had unlocked those cravings inside of her.

"Not fully," she whispered back. 

Anirudh brought his hand to her chin and lifted it slightly. He gazed down into her eyes first before leaning towards her and planting a small kiss on her lips. 

That action was enough for Bondita. She slid her arms up around his neck and kissed him back passionately, rolling him over on the bed so that she was on top of him. 

Anirudh breathed quickly when she did this, his hands wrapping around her bare waist, reaching to the part of her saree that was tucked in. 

"May I undress you?" he asked her against her lips, and Bondita felt a deep blush rise on her cheeks. 

"Yes," she whispered, her heart beating erratically. "Undress me."

--

Thanks for reading. 😳 As always please leave your reviews and rate the chapter if you enjoyed it. ❤️