Sneaking Around

Later that night, Bondita was reading a book in the study. She couldn't sleep. All she could think about was Anirudh and when she would get a chance to see him again. Before they had departed for the night, she whispered in his ears to meet him at the study if he could.

Anirudh on the other hand tried to leave his room, but Kaka woke up and poked his feet with his cane. 

"Kaka, I can't sleep. I'm going to read," Anirudh explained. "You know that I have trouble sleeping sometimes."

Kaka grunted. "Make it quick," he said and closed his eyes again. 

Anirudh ran towards the study. 

Bondita looked up as soon as he came and with a smile, put her book to the side. Looking behind his shoulder, he walked towards her slowly. There was no way to lock the study and the door was see through so they could easily get caught. 

"Pati Babu, you came!" Bondita whispered excitedly and took his hand, pulling him to a corner of the study. 

Anirudh touched her cheek and whispered, "You called me. How could I not come?" 

She just hugged him to hide her blush. Anirudh held her to him with a smile and kissed the top of head. 

After breaking the hug, Bondita stepped on her tiptoes and her lips were about to meet his, when they heard footsteps upstairs. Before her lips touched his, Anirudh took her hand leaned into her ear. 

"I think Kaka is awake," he whispered. 

"ANIRUDH!" Trilochan yelled from a distance, and footsteps started to descend down the stairs. 

"Let's sleep then," Bondita whispered sadly. 

Anirudh took Bondita's wrist and whispered, "Won't you kiss me good night?"

Bondita blushed as the footsteps grew nearer. 

"Kakasasurji is coming," Bondita whispered. 

"Then do it quickly then," Anirudh whispered, "It'll help me sleep faster. Don't you want your Pati Babu to have a good night's sleep?"

"Pati Babu..." she said nervously, her heart hammering. 

Then she nodded, stepping on her tiptoes and pressing a quick kiss to his lips. Just as she was about to step back, Anirudh grabbed the back of her head and kissed her back, passionately. 

Trilochan Kaka's footsteps were very close to the study now. 

Anirudh broke the kiss and picked up a random book from the shelf, opening it to a random page, and pretending to read it.  Bondita quickly sat down on a chair, picking up the book that she had been reading earlier, her cheeks flushed.

"ANIRUDH!" Trilochan yelled, when he entered the room. 

"Yes Kaka?" Anirudh asked, flipping a page, acting like he was in deep concentration. 

Trilochan's gaze went from Bondita to Anirudh and he shook his head. 

"Didn't I tell you two not to meet like this?" he asked them. 

"We are just reading Kaka," Anirudh said, showing him the book. 

"I don't trust you," Trilochan said, picking up his cane and pointing it at Anirudh. 

"Kakasasurji," Bondita said, "We are getting married soon. Why can't we spend time together now?"

"Because it goes against my values," Trilochan answered. "When you were younger, I let it slide because you were a child, and Anirudh wanted to take you to study -- but now, you're older. Now you have to understand that there is a line that a man and a woman should not cross before marriage." 

Bondita blushed and looked back down at her book. She didn't know fully which line her Kakasasurji was talking about, but she felt like her and her Pati Babu had crossed some lines already. It didn't feel wrong at all to her though. 

"Kaka," Anirudh said, "You can't say that we have to stay away from each other when we use the study. We both might need to be here at the same time." 

"Then I will stay here with you two," Trilochan decided. 

"Kaka!" Anirudh whined. "Please Kaka! I'm not a child." 

"You will always be a child to me Anirudh." 

Bondita giggled. Trilochan, seeing his bahu laugh, smiled too. 

"Pati - Barrister Babu, I think we should go to sleep. Kakasasurji will plan our wedding at the earliest possible convenience too, I'm sure of it," Bondita said, sounding positive. "Besides, tomorrow I'm sure Kakasasurji has a long day. He will have to talk to my Thakuma." 

At the mention of Bondita's Thakuma, the smile left Trilochan's face. 

"I will go up now," Bondita quickly said and put the book away. 

"Good night Bondita," Anirudh replied, and gave her a small smile as she turned to leave the study. He was already missing her.

After giving one final smile to Anirudh, she went upstairs, ready to go to bed. Tomorrow might be a long day. As much as she wanted to spend time with her Pati Babu, maybe the wait would make things more meaningful. 

The more she missed him, the more passion they would have, after all.