Captured feelings

(New girl at school part 2)

Wheein POV

Ever since that day whenever I saw Hyejin in a place I would go away and never look at her. Even if it's hard to avoid her sometimes cause we're in the same class. Even if it feels like killing me. It's like taking away something that makes me happy. Just staring at her before makes my day. But now that's something I can't even do. I don't know what Hyejin does to me. I can't even explain it myself.

What is it? A crush? Infatuation? A love? I don't know. I don't want to give a meaning to these feelings I shouldn't feel in the first place. Maybe that's why she's mad. She was disgusted with me.

I was walking on the bus stop and saw Hyejin waiting there. I stand on the far side. The bus is approaching. I let her take the bus and waited for the next it will take another 15 minutes waiting. Its okay. The bus arrived and I was startled to see her sitting on the bench at the bus stop. Is she waiting for someone?

I glance at her she's looking at me. I looked away and continued walking in my home direction. Hyejin just walked behind. I can see her in my peripheral vision. When I passed on her block she stood on the corner waiting for my presence to disappear before she got turned, heading to her home. That happened 3 times and I felt strange.

The next day.We're waiting for the next teacher. I felt my phone vibrate inside my skirt and take it out to see the message. It's Jeonyeong... I glanced at her but just smiled slyly. I opened her message and saw the picture of Hyejin staring at me. Deep inside it makes my heart want to jump for joy. I pretend not affected. Jeonyeong has some silly attitude used to send me pictures of Hyejin staring at me. Smiling or annoyed as It's involves Taehyung.

Again, I slid back my phone on my skirt. In the afternoon a short break Taehyung sits beside me. Just pestering me as always. I feel my phone vibrate again and I catch Nayeon and Jeonyeong giggling. I got my phone and took a view of the image and abruptly closed it again.

"What's that?" I just shook my head. But Taehyung is persistent to get hold of it that he almost hugs me. We all glance at the door that shuts hard. I look around at Hyejin seat and it's empty. All of them give me accusing and questioning stares.

"What? What did I do?!

"Pup your girlfriend is jealous." Taehyung nonchalantly commented afterwards.

"Shut up Taeh. Get back to your seat. The class will start."

We all got back on our seats and Hyejin came back her eyes a bit red and she's still sniffing silently. I glance at Taehyung mimicking a soft sob. I glared at him but he just stuck his tongue out. I showed him my fists and he just shrugged.

Everyone throws a quizzical look at me. I tried to focus on the class but still taking stolen glances at Hyejin. After the bell rang on the last subject. She slowly stood up and shoved her things in her bag.

"Pup..need to go. We have practice tonight. Go home early. Don't wait for the next bus no one owns the bus!"

I glared at him but he just waved his hand and everybody started to leave. I waited at the bus stop  far from where Hyejin sat on the bench. Staring on the ground. Thudding her shoes on the cement ground. The bus arrived and I got in then noticed Hyejin still sitting on the bench. What's wrong with her?

I waited at the bus stop at our place. But the next bus arrived and Hyejin was not there. I waited again for another one but still no familiar figure emerged. It's starting to get dark. I am slowly feeling worried about her. As I looked on the other side I saw her slowly taking her step. She looks terribly exhausted.