Cold Heart

Hyejin POV

It's been 7yrs of performing with my group. Since debut stage to nonstop guesting and festival performance makes us all so close and threat each other as one family. But the friendship I have with Wheein will remain special forever. We are like sisters.
Consistent partner in mamamoo stages.

My first line of support whenever I do a solo activity.... but seems like everything has changed lately. We are all both getting busy with our life.

We don't hang around much often. Even the regular call and text just happen once in a while. I feel she's slowly drifting away.
I don't know when or where it all starts I'm but maybe I'm at fault also. During our p performance or once we are at our fan meet I get extra sweet on her I thought she like it but when we go off cam she will be silent and distant. It makes me sad and hurt at the same time. That the true feeling I have showing affection to her was unwanted.

What she showed affection to me sometimes was to entertain the fans. We are tagged as the gayest couple group. I thought she get jealous when Byul unie and I do the stages teasing to make another love ship our fan will love. She will say stop it! I felt awkward and lost confidence in myself.

After the performance, I will come to Byul unnie to asked an apology but Byul unnie was so kind to say to me.

"It is okay. Don't just overdo it Hyejinah. I don't want to be a sinner Solar unnie will kick me out of the bed or worst in her house."

We all separate and go home silent and that awkwardness lingered more and more sometimes don't want to attend the performance and practices we need to do. But I can ignore it cause I have a contract with RBW and it was a big no. It's too unprofessional to not follow the contract. I always stay away from them when the mmtv unnie film us. I could win a Baeksang Awards for good acting. When the camera is off I will just sit on the corner and fumble on my phone. Sometimes Solar unnie spent time chatting with me but knowing she is so busy as our leader and creator of her youtube channel. Even the eye contact was felt awkward.

It was her bday today. Just an hour from now, it was over and I don't even have the guts to send her a message or call to greet her. It was so hard to make communicate with her nowadays. Aside from that, she is busy with her Solo album launch. I know I want to meet her and spent that special day with her. But how? there's no reason for me to be there.

Just in time, I was staring blankly at my phone when it ring and vibrate showing her caller id on the screen. I felt like the phone was so hot I threw it away on the sofa beside me.

"Did I dial her number?
No! It's my ringtone so she called me."

I was like a lunatic talking to myself. The call ended and after 5secs it ring again flashing her name. I have no choice but to answer her there's no wrong to even greet her on her bday.

"Hello..." I whispered.it takes a moment before she speaks.

"Hi. How are you doing?" Her voice seems so cold and uninterested.

"F-fine."

I heard a snap and sigh.
"I hate you Hyejin!!! So fucking hate you.! "

I was speechless how it hurts me so much that she hated me. My tears fall and my heart feels broken apart.

"Open this damn door and let me in."

I was shocked and stunned for a while before it register in my damn head that she is here outside my door. I walk to the door. My heart is frantically beating now as I press the lock and it opens her drunk state and weary face greets me. I leave the door open and went to the sofa she followed me silently and sit on the far end.