~ 49

Nini is a famous singer now. At the young age of 18 she was already known around the globe.

She loves her life, but not every aspect of it. When she was 16, she had to choose between her up and coming career or her boyfriend at the time and he encouraged her to follow her dream.

Now two years later she is returning to Salt Lake City for a well needed break. "My Nini" Momma D said while hugging her daughter. "It's good to see you again" Momma C added.

Nini smiled at them brightly "It's good to see you guys too and I'm glad to be back. Even if its just for a few months."

The mother daughter trio made their way out of the airport but to one's surprise they were welcomed by paparazzi at the exit. "Nini what are you doing in Salt Lake City?" "Is there a reason why you came back?" "Are you going to reconnect with your old friends?" Those were just some of the questions thrown at her.

"Mamma D" She said as soon as they drove away from the crowd of paparazzi and left the airport behind them. "Yes sweetie" her mother said. "Ricky how is he doing?" she quietly asked.

The two women looked at each other in surprise. Their daughter has not asked about her high school boyfriend once since she left.

"As far as I know he's doing well. He took over his father's company just recently and lives a few minutes away from us. I'm sure you'll see him around."

A few days later the brunette woke up with a sudden craving for some Starbucks, so she got dressed and walked the small distance to the store. After getting her order she made her way to the door just to run into a wall.

Wait no, a person. She looked up at the person and gasped. "Ricky" she whispered more to herself than to anyone else. "Nini" he said with surprise clear in his voice.

"Do you maybe want to join me for coffee?" she asked him with hope evident in her eyes. He slowly nodded his head "Let me just order and you could find us a seat." That is exactly what both of them did and not even five minutes later both were sitting opposite of each other.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, the curly haired man decided to speak up first. "So, how have you been? I obviously know you were successful, but how have you been outside of the spotlight" he questioned her.

She sighed "Good, though I've been working a lot recently, so I'm currently taking a bit of a break to calm down and just enjoy Salt Lake City. How have you been?"

"Good, I just took over my father's company and it's doing well." The two both noticed that there was this tension between the, but neither were brave enough to address it. "Remember how you had to force me to even pursue my career, because I would never have done it knowing I had to leave you behind" Nini told him, which caused him to smile sadly.

"And I regret nothing more" he mumbled, but she heard.

"You regret it?" she stated more than asked. His eyes widened for a second before he nodded his head.

"I guess I just thought we'd still be in contact after you left, but that obviously didn't happen." She felt guilty as soon as those words left his lips. "I'm sorry Ricky" she said.

"I really am sorry. I know I should have called or even just texted you, but I felt like you would move on as soon as I left and did not want to get hurt. I know that I was wrong and hurt you u because of it. I totally understand if you hate me after I ignored you and even changed my number. But just know that I am sorry for what I did and that I deeply regret it."

With that the brunette stood up and started walking towards the door. Maybe even out of Ricky's life forever. Just as she walked out of the door, she was stopped by someone grabbing her wrist. Nini turned around to face the person to see that it was Ricky. 

"Don't go Nini, please don't. I did not mean to say it was your fault or more like only your fault. It was mine too" he rambled, which caused her to giggle. Ricky raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"I always loved it when you started talking nonsense when you were nervous" she told him to clear up his confusion.

He chuckled at her words "And you also always loved to make fun of me." "I loved everything about, I still do" she mumbled so quietly that even she did not really hear.

All of the sudden his phone rang, and he picked up with a smile on his face as soon as he saw the caller's name. "Hey princess" the curly haired boy said into the phone.

She froze at his words. He used to call her that. Did he have a new girlfriend? She would not blame him, but she had to get away.

"I got to go" she said before she turned around and just walked away. Ricky tried to stop her, but his little girl was on the phone. Well, technically she was Gina's daughter, but he loved her so much. She came home with stars in her eyes, which concerned her mom's.

"Sweetie what happened" Momma D asked her with concern evident in her voice. "Ricky he-" she broke out in sobs again. Momma C wrapped her arms around her daughters trembling body. "What is with Ricky?"

"H-he has a girlfriend" Nini sobbed.

Both her moms tried to comfort her, and they wanted nothing more than to tell her she is wrong, but they had no idea what he has been up to for the last two years except what Mike told them.

-

A week later

Nini has seen Ricky around a few times, and he saw he too, but she always made sure to be gone before he could say anything.

Today she decided to take a walk through the park near East high. All of the sudden a small girl fell to the ground in front of her and started crying. She kneeled down to her level "Hey princess where are your parents?" she asked the small girl.

"My daddy calls me that" she exclaimed in happiness.

The brunettes smiled at the girl's words "Well that makes him a got daddy. Now do you know where he is, or do you need help finding him?"

Before the girl could answer they heard a voice "Princess, you had me worried. Don't ever run away again." Nini looked up at the person to see Ricky standing there looking at the girl with concern.

He had a daughter, at least now she knew who he called princess over the phone. Just then he looked at her "Nini I can explain." She shook her head though "There is no need."

She tried to walk away but he grabbed her wrist before she could. "No, you are staying until I explained."

Ricky picked her up bridal style after she tried to run away again. "The girl you saw is not my daughter my biological daughter, but she is like my daughter. She's Gina's daughter." That caused her to raise her eyebrows in confusion "Gina?" He sadly nodded his head "She was assaulted right after you left, and my princess is the result of that. I help her take care of her daughter." "Oh" the brunette mumbled in embarrassment.

The curly haired man chuckled at that. "Was someone a little jealous?" he teased her while sitting down on a bench with her sitting on his lap sideways.

Her eyes widened in shock, but she quickly shook her head. "Are you sure? I talked to your moms and they told me you cried when you thought I moved on."

Nini looked at him in shock "They told you that?"

He nodded his head "Yes they did, but only because I asked what was wrong with you Neens. I was worried about you since you all of the sudden left and would not talk to me. When I found out why I was sad you did not say anything, but I also understood you. But Nini no one could ever replace you. No one and I mean no sole on this earth could replace your place in my heart. I love you Neens, only you."

Ricky then proceeded to lean down and kiss her lips.

She happily kissed him back after the shock wore off. What started as an innocent kiss quickly turned into something more when Nini straddled him.

"I love you too" she mumbled against his lips before pressing her lips to his again.

"There are children here" A familiar voice yelled all of the sudden, which caused them to jump apart. Well kind of, Nini was still sitting on his lap.

"We love you to Gina" they both yelled back.

———
Just a fun oneshot for y'all. I hope you guys love it