~ 39

"Happy Birthday babe" Nini said while holding a cake in her hand. Today was Ricky's birthday and ever since Nini found out that her boyfriend of nearly a year hates his birthday she had made it her mission to give him the best birthday of his life. "Let me sleep" He mumbled while turning onto his other side.

That cause her to chuckle. "Ricky it's your birthday you have to wake up." "You know I hate my birthdays so just let me sleep through it." She sighed before turning him back towards her. "I'm trying to change that, but you won't even give me a choice."

That caused him to sit up and pull her into his chest. "Neens I love you for trying to make this day special for me, but I hate it for reasons you don't know about and I will never tell you. So just let us act like today is just another day." She shook her head "I had so much planned." Ricky kissed her forehead "I'm really grateful for that, but you can't change my mind about my birthday, so why even bother trying." She pushed herself out of his arms "That's the thing if you never try, you'll never know. Please, do it for me." Nini made her puppy dog eyes that she knew Ricky could not resist. "Fine, but only because I love you." She started smiling "You won't regret it. Now blow out the candles and make a wish."

He sighed but blew out the candles. The curly haired man knew that this meant a lot to his girlfriend so he agreed, but he also knew that he could never like his birthday again after what happened in the past. He just wasn't ready to tell her yet. "Now get dressed, we're going out." She kissed him before walking out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

The brunette had planned a picknick for lunch and before that they were going to pick up his birthday present. After Lunch they were going to go to his parent's home for Dinner, since they had invited both of them a few months ago.

A couple of minutes later Ricky came down the stairs dressed in some jeans and a t-shirt. "It's your birthday, you should dress nicely." "Don't push it Neens. I'm only getting dressed at all because I love you." She nodded her head because she knew he was trying for her. He walked up to her and wrapped his arms around her "I know you want what's best for me, that's why I'm trying, but this is hard for me." He kissed her head before letting her go. "Just imagine it's not your birthday and we're juts going on a date. Does that sound better?" He smiled "That sounds amazing."

Around an hour later they were inside a small shop to pick up his birthday present. "What exactly are we doing here?" Nini smiled "Well we have to pick up your birthday present. It was supposed to be done two days ago, but that didn't work out." After that she went up to the worker, who got her the item and she paid for it.

The brunette returned to her boyfriend with a small white box and with a smile on her face. She handed him the boy, who reluctantly took it. "I promise you that you'll like it." When he opened the boy he found a leather wallet inside with a small I love you engraved into the right corner.

That caused him to smile. Ricky kissed his girlfriend before pulling out his old wallet to transfer all the stuff into his new one. "Do you like it?" She asked him when he finished. He nodded his head "It's a great gift and actually something I needed." The curly haired man said while holding up his old wallet that nearly fell apart. "That's exactly why I got it for you, now come on we have a picnic to attend."

A car ride later they were at Ricky's favourite park in Salt Lake City. "Did you make my favourite sandwiches?" Ricky asked. She started laughing and nodded her head "You would do everything for food."

He glared at her "I thought you said its my special day so you should be nice to me." Nini kissed him "I'm sorry, now come eat."

After they finished eating, they just at in the park and talked. "Yeah, my dad and I used to really close until he divorced my mom." "Your parents sound like a lot of fun, I'm excited to see them tonight." That caused him to freeze "What?" he breathed out.

"Your parents invited us to Dinner a few months back and I thought it would be fun to see them on your birthday." Ricky immediately shook his head "I let you do this, but I'm not going to my parents house especially not on my birthday." The brunette placed her hand on his "I know I should have asked you, but your parents seemed so excited when I said yes, and I thought you'd want me to meet them."

He pushed his hand through his hair and sighed "I do want you to meet them, but they're the reason I hate my birthday."

Her eyes widened in surprise "How? Why?" The curly haired man took a deep breath before starting to talk. "On my 12th birthday I found my dad cheating on my mom. On my 13th birthday I found my mom cheating on my dad. On my 14th birthday they told me that they will be getting a divorce and every other birthday after that my dad never showed up. He didn't even call or text me, he just forgot it."

Nini put her hand back onto his "I didn't know they were the reason. I'm so sorry." He kissed her forehead "You didn't know, it's ok." "I'll cancel if you don't want to go." Ricky looked at his girlfriend and shook his head "We'll go." He saw the excitement in her eyes when she said shell meet his parents and her did not want to ruin that. Plus, he still had hope that this year's birthday will be better.

That's how Ricky found himself at a place he never thought he'd be again on his birthday, right in front of his parents' house. His parents got back together right after he moved out and got married again a few years later.

She knocked on the door while he was holding her other hand very tight. When the door opened, they were both immediately ingulfed in a hug by Lynne. "I never thought I'd see my boy again on his birthday. Your dad is inside and so is your sister."

While they were split up Mike had another kid, Ricky's half-sister. "Ricky" his sister came running towards him. He smiled at her and hugged her "Hey Lea, I missed you." When he found out that he had a sister he was hurt, but he would never change a thing about that. He loved Lea with his whole heart.

"I made you this" the curly haired girl said while handing her big brother a drawing of him and her. It was not one of those drawings kids usually did, she was actually a really good student and going to a private school for arts. So, it was a very detailed drawing of the two of them. "I love it, thank you."

———
I wrote this and came up with in 30 minutes yesterday since I barely had any time and my birthday is today. Anyways I hope y'all enjoyed it. How do y'all his birthday went? Did it end good or bad?