~ 42

Nini woke up next to her best friend. That is not unusual since they were having a sleepover the day before. She yawned and stretched. Then she looked at her hand and screamed.

On her hand was a ring and not any ring, it was Ricky's mom's wedding ring.  His mom passed away when he was younger, and his dad left the rings for him if he ever decides to get married. The scream woke him up. "What's going on Neens?" He mumbled. "Do you remember what happened yesterday?" She questioned.

He just shook his head in response. "Isn't that weird?" He shrug his shoulders "We probably just drank to much, but why did you scream?" She took a deep breath "Because I woke up wearing this" She showed him his hand. "Nice ring" Ricky said before turning back around. Suddenly he turned back towards her and grabbed her hand "That's my mom's wedding ring."

The brunette nodded her head "That's why I want to know how it got on my finger." She decided to get up and when she did, she realized that something else was off. They were not in her apartment anymore. She quickly ran to the window to see that they were in Las Vegas. Nini covered her mouth with her hands. "Ricky, we" She could not get anymore words out. "Wait where are we?" He suddenly asked. "Las Vegas, but don't ask me how we got here."

The curly haired man's eyes widened in shook "Las Vegas as in Las Vegas in Nevada?" He asked. She just nodded her head in response. Both were pulled out of their thoughts by a knock on the door, which was followed by Gina, Kourtney, and Ashlyn walking into the room. "How are our newlyweds?" Gina asked with a smirk on her face.

"What the fuck happened yesterday?" Nini asked, she was nearly yelling. "You got married" Kourtney answered her. She rolled her eyes "I know that, but how the fuck did we get to Las Vegas and how did you guys get us to do this?" She held up her hand, which still has the ring on it. "What makes you think that we have something to do with this?" Ashlyn asked. "Sure, you don't." 

Gina smirked again "You married him willingly. I have the papers that prove it, but we might have gotten you slightly drunk so it would happen." Nini could not believe the words her best friend just said. "You guys somehow got us to Las Vegas and got us so drunk that we would get married, why?" Ashlyn felt a bit guilty now, but the other two girls still stood behind their decision. "Because you tow have been in love with each other since you were 16. It's been 10 years for god's sake, we couldn't watch anymore."

She started laughing "Guys we're not in love with each other, so tell us how we can fix this?" Gina rolled her eyes "We won't. If you guys suck it up and tell each other the truth we will give you these papers" She held up divorce papers "And you'll be Nina Salazar-Roberts again." With that the three girls left and locked the door.

Nini groaned in annoyance and fell face first onto the bed. Ricky on the other hand just stood there frozen. "We should just tell them we are in love with each other, so they give us the papers" She suggested. "They're smarter than that" He said while sitting down next to her. "You're right." She sighed "I have no idea then."

He ran a hand through his hair before taking a deep breath. "Nini?" He questioned. "Mhh" she answered him. "Do you?" The brunette sat up and raised an eyebrow "Do what?" "Do you love me?" That question took her by surprise "Why would you think that?" The curly haired man sighed "I guess I was wondering" He answered. "And hoped" He mumbled, but Nini did not hear the last part.

"We just have to figure out how to convince them until we signed the papers." He nodded his head although he did not mind the fact that Nini was his wife. There was silence between the two best friends.

Deep down both knew that they were in fact in love with the other person, but both were convinced that the other person did not feel the same. Ricky wanted this, he wanted to be married to Nini and he knew that if he did not say anything now, he would never get the courage again. "I do" Ricky stated.

She looked at him with a confused expression. "What do you?" He placed his hand on top of hers "I love you Nini. I have been in love with you since I was 14 and I do not think that I will ever get over my feelings for you. You are simply perfect, but I know you do not feel the same. That is ok, I just could not lie to you anymore. I've done it for 12 years already."

Her eyes widened in shook "You love me?" He nodded his head in response. Suddenly she shook her head "No you don't."

"I do Neens." She again shook her head "You're just saying that you can't love me, I'm unlovable." Ever since her boyfriend of three years of broke up with her a while back she was convinced that no one could love her, maybe that is why he was convinced that he did not love her. "I do love you Nini. I was in love with you long before that idiot came into your life and I still am. Nothing and no one can change that" He said while still having his hand on top of hers.

The brunette shed a few tears. "I don't deserve you." "You're an amazing person and best friend, so you do deserve me." Something convinced him that kissing her forehead was a good idea. So, he kissed her forehead. That caused Nini to smile brightly.

Just as he was as about to apologize for what he did he saw her smile. "You love me too, don't you?" She nodded her head "Yes, since I've been 16." That was what it took for Ricky to actually kiss her on the lips. When they pulled apart both were smiling.

There was just one thing he still had to do. Ever since his mom died he carried her engagement ring around on a string around his neck. Ricky stood up and took the ring off.

Then he got on one knee in front of the love of his life. "I know we're technically already married, but I want to do it the right way. Will you Nini Bowen marry me again?" She started crying happy tears.

"Yes" She jumped into his arms and he barely caught her. "I love you" She said in between kisses. "I love you too."

———
My ideas keep getting crazier