~ 24

It was just another normal day for Ricky. It was 8 am and he walked into the office. "Good morning Mr. Bowen" his secretary said. He just smiled in return.

Like every day the first thing Ricky does is go to his dad's office to get the daily briefing. He didn't really pay attention on his way when he ran into someone. "I'm so sorry" the other person mumbled. "No, I should have paid more attention. It's all good." Well, he lied to be honest. Although he wasn't really paying attention, he did see her and tried to get away, but she still ran into him. Ricky just didn't want to make the person feel bad because it was honestly no big deal. "I'm still very sorry" A small brunette said.

They just stood there silent, neither of them knowing what to do when Mike came out of his office. "Ricky Come on and Ms. Salazar-Roberts, go bring us some coffee." She nodded and quickly walked away. The curly haired guy followed his dad into his office. "Point one Is already done I guess" Ricky sat down opposite of him. "And that was?" "You meeting my new assistant Ms. Salazar-Roberts. I would suggest you call her Nina since she kinda hates me already for not calling her that." He rolled his eyes "Let's move to point two." The daily briefing went well and was over really quick. After getting out of his dads office he went to Nina's desk. "I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Ricky, Mr. Bowen's son." She smiled "I know you, I kind of ran into you."

Ricky chuckled "Kind of is not close, you did run into me. Anyways my dad said you're kinda scary and I do have to agree." Nini had a worried look on her face "That's bad, isn't it?" He shook his head "Not necessarily. All he told me to was call you Nina, but I wanted to ask you how you want me to call you." The brunette smiled, no one had ever asked her that. "Nina is fine, but I would prefer Nini." Ricky smiled Good, Nini it is. I'll see around."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of them would see each other around the office a lot and they were always friendly with each other. That is until one day Mr. Bowen called Nini into his office. "Sit Ms. Salazar-Roberts." The brunette hesitantly sat down in the comfortable chair. "May I ask why you wanted to talk to me Mr. Bowen?" He sighed "I thought you knew but I guess love really blinds you." She was confused "With all due respect I have no idea what you're talking about."

Mr. Bowen smiled "Well I do, Ms. Salazar-Roberts its obvious that something is going on between you and my son." She gasped "No, that is completely wrong. Sure, Ricky is a nice guy but we're barely even friends."  He nodded "I agree, and I want to change that." Nini raised her eyebrows "And what exactly where you are thinking of?" He smirked "Well first of I was thinking of calling you Nina, since Ricky seems to call you that and I was going to let you go on this work trip with him. It's next weekend."

After that she was free to go. All day she couldn't stop thinking about it, so at the end of the day she had agreed to go on this trip with Ricky.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day before we were supposed to fly to New York Nini was in her apartment packing with Kourtney. "So he basically sat you two up." The brunette rolled her eyes "I'm just helping him there, it's not like we'll have much time to hang there anyways."

In that moment she got a text from Ricky saying that he was going to pick her up tomorrow at 5 am. She sighed "I have to get up at 3.30 am." Nini fell onto her bed "I already know I'll sleep on the plan and that will be great for the jetlag." Kourtney giggled "Then let's get you packed, so you can get to bed early." The curly haired women threw lots more stuff into the suitcase. "Kourtney why do I need a bathing suit?" she rolled her eyes "Because you never know. I also packed a jacket, some long pants and two nice dresses more than you need. Oh, and a pair of heels."