~ 27

Ricky was currently packing for his next trip. He will be living in Berlin, the capital of Germany for the next 6 months. You'd expect him to speak the language, but he doesn't speak a single word.

Suddenly his phone started ringing. "Hey Big red" The curly haired boy fell onto his bed. "Why Germany, sure it's a great country and all but you don't speak a single word of German." He started laughing "We've been over this, I'm the best man they have, and this project is really important to them. So, I'll be moving to Germany for 6 months."

"Maybe you'll finally find a girlfriend." He sighed "Sure, I don't even speak the language like you said." On the other side of the phone Big red was currently dying of laughter. "You're way to stupid for your own good. I'm still not sure how you even got this job, let alone become the best at it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later

Ricky had just left the airport. "Wow" he thought when he saw Berlin for the first time. It's the biggest city in Germany and so different from New York.
They did have some similarities.

His company rented him an apartment near the centre of the city and near his job. As soon as he opened the door to his apartment, he was shocked. It wasn't a new building he was living in, but it was beautiful. The ceilings were high and so where some of the doors, like the one connecting the dining room and the living room. The curly haired boy placed his luggage in his bedroom before continuing to look around.

The bathroom was nothing special, neither was the kitchen it was minimalistic but still modern. Everything seemed to be just like back home, but it was also different at the same time. Ricky found a note on the kitchen table.

Dear Mr. Bowen,
I hope this apartment is a good fit for you. There will be a meeting with everyone else involved tomorrow at 9 am in the office. For tonight I suggest you get settled in and maybe make a trip to the grocery store. Don't worry most people here speak English fluently.

He sighed knowing that he was in a desperate need of food, so he decided to go grocery shopping. He grabbed his wallet, his keys and a bag, since he'll need to carry his groceries somehow. Right as he was about to enter the store, he noticed that he only had dollars in his wallet. So, he went to the nearest bank to get Euro's.

After a successful trip to the grocery store, he was in his kitchen trying to make something edible. Somehow, he was able to make some pasta for himself. With his food in hand the curly haired boy sat down on his couch and turned on the tv trying to find something he can watch. After 10 minutes he found a movie in English, which was actually not bad.

The next morning Ricky was at his office at 9 am. For some reason everyone else was already there. "Good to see you Mr. Bowen." He smiled at the man "It's Ricky." The man nodded "It's a pleasure to work with you." The meeting was done after an hour already, so the new team just talked about their personal life a bit. "So, Ricky do you have a girlfriend?" One of his colleagues named Ej asked. He started laughing "I don't exactly have much luck with love."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks later

Ricky and Ej, one of his closest friends now in Germany, decided to go to a club. It was different from everything the curly haired boy had ever seen in the us, plus you were able to drink and get in at 18. "My cousin is gonna join us with some of her friends soon." He nodded "Sounds good."