~ 32

Ricky owns a record label in LA and Nini dreams of becoming a famous singer. Once a year Bowen records hosts an event where new artist are invited and maybe they get signed. Normally only one or two people get signed, so the competition is big. To her surprise Nini was invited.

She was screaming for 20 minutes when her roommate, Kourtney came home. "Neens what got you so excited?" She just smiled and handed her the letter. "No way. Congrats Girlie, I'm in charge of hair and makeup." So that's how Nini Salazar-Roberts a small artist from Salt Lake City, who moved to LA was standing in the huge ballroom of Bowen records. To say that the Brunette was nervous is an understatement, she was terrified. She found a guitar in the corner of a hallway. It looked like you could use it so, that's what she did.

She lightly strummed the guitar and mumbled a lyric. Her attempt of keeping quiet was not successful since a small crowd gathered around her. When she looked up lots of people started clapping. "Oh no" she thought to herself. Nini quickly put the guitar back and walked away. That was until someone called her name "Miss Salazar-Roberts?"

She slowly nodded her head "Yes." "That was impressive. Would you be interested in meeting Mr. Bowen?" Her mouth was wide open. "Yes, I mean I'd love to." She followed the man into a smaller room. It looked just as fancy, but only around ten people were in there. "Ricky, I found someone" The man she was following suddenly shouted. "Red, how many times do I have to tell you not to yell. Please excuse his behaviour" The last part was directing at Nini, who was smiling.

„It's all good, my friends are the same." "Red could you bring miss Lilian back into the main room?" The red head nodded his head before bringing the women outside. "So, you impressed my best friend."

She nodded her head "I guess so." A server walked up to them and handed them both a glass od champagne "I don't drink." The brunette said politely. The server nodded his head and took her glass. "Do you know how hard it is to impress Big red? People say I'm hard to impress, but I'm nothing against him." She just smiled awkwardly since she had no idea what to answer to that. "Are you free tomorrow?" Nini nodded her head "Yeah, I have work until 1pm though." He smiled "Good, be in my office at 2 pm." That was all he said before walking away.

"I guess he likes you too." She suddenly heard.

"What?" He started laughing "He probably brought the old I'm hard to impress thing back up. He tells everyone that, but it's actually the other way around. Since he invited you to sign the contract tomorrow though I guess he was impressed too."

What neither of them knew was that Ricky had invited Nini here and already knew he was going to sign her. He had seen her sing a café a few weeks ago but couldn't talk to her.

-

After she got signed things started moving quickly. A week later she was standing in the studio recording her debut ep. Maybe the fact that since she was a little girl, she knew exactly what she wanted her ep to look like helped a bit. Nini was more than happy to finally live her dream.

Ricky on the other hand was stunned. He knew that Nini was probably going to have a vision in mind, but she basically did all the work he had been supposed to do. If anyone else would have done that he would have probably set them in place, but with her it was different. He actually liked it. Big red also figured out something was off.

Sure, he knew his best friend was impressed, but what happened in the last week wasn't normal. "Ok Ricky we have to talk" Big red announced when he walked into his office.

The curly haired boy looked up "Now is a bad time. I'm listening to Nini's first recordings." The red head sighed "You like her." He shrug his shoulders "Well she has an amazing voice and I signed her, so I should." "God Ricky, you're so oblivious." That caught the man's attention "To what?" Big red smiled "To your feeling."