Horrible Students

Start from the beginning

And so you were not that surprised to receive a call that very morning. The call that was to change everything in your otherwise loveless life.

"Hello, I'm looking for Ms. Y/N L/N?", a woman's voice said from the call that woke you up.

It sounds so professional that you knew, that was it.

"This is her speaking", you replied, sitting in the bed and glancing at the clock, it's seven am in the morning.

It's the same time your mom should be up since she needs to be early in her job at this publishing company.

"Your application letter has been accepted at Bighit Academy. You will be required to be here at Monday and you will start teaching right away", she says, the voice so severe that you actually become more attentive.

You liked teachers that way, so whoever have the luck to face you in class should be ready. For you will be not so forgiving despite of your age.

"Thank you for informing me, Ma'am", you replied, barely stopping your squeal from the news.

"You're welcome, Ms. L/N", she said then her next words had turn into a warning, "but to see your potential, our Principal decided to put you up with the most problematic students. This will be a tough task for a newbie. Think you're up to it?"

"I'm sure I can manage them very well, Ma'am", you stated with a huge smile.

You can't help it. Not only you will be teaching in your dream school (and you tried to enroll but it's an all boys academy), but what you aspire to be as a strict teacher would be tested.

The one where students would either fear you or curse you under their breath.

This was the chance to prove yourself that you'll not be a pushover like your mother.

Although it made you think this woman was just exaggerating, maybe they're just trying to scare you or something.

"Thank you. I will see you at eight o'clock. Have a good day", she says and ends the call.

It's all you need to jump from the bed and runs out of your room, then called to your mom as you found her as expected in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for two.

"Mom! Guess what? I got accepted at Bighit!", you scream to her out of your happiness, your body nearly shaking from all the positivity in you.

She set down the tupperware she'd been putting rice in and runs to you before taking you in a hug, "I'm so happy to hear that. When would you start?"

"On Monday", you say, earning a relieved smile from her.

She gets off of you and chuckles, "I heard they payed their teachers well"

Money has been a big problem for her since the way you were born and given that your dad runs away from his responsibility, it's hard to pay for all the expenses. You can even add the fact that her parents disowned her for getting pregnant too early before she finish her education.

On top of that, she had so many loans that she only takes in the first place for your sake.

Now that you have a job, you swore to yourself to make it easier for her.

If there's anything you only loved and cherish in this world, the someone you'll do anything for, it's your mom.

In other words, she's your only saving grace.

"That's why if I get enough credits from them, I'll stay in that school and work my way up for a better position", you swore to her and she hugs you again.