❈ Chapter 32 ⑅ Alexa Jones

He stared hard at his reflection in the mirror

He stared hard at his reflection in the mirror. His collar was up, his shirt buttoned and the tie was wrapped around his neck. After finding the seam, he pulled the wide end behind the narrow end. He looped the tie and repeated the action. To tighten the knot, he slid it up the narrow end. He picked up his suit jacket and wore it over his white dress shirt.

He quickly ran a comb through his hair, combing his black locks back neatly.

His piercing, electric blue eyes burned and a single tear rolled down his cheek. He was too numb to move or think. A giant hole found a permanent home in his heart. His life would never be the same. He looked like death and the consequences that came with it.

At such young age, the agony he felt for love... He could've never imagined it.

He walked out of his bedroom and found his living room crawling with guests. None of them knew Chloe, they were only here because of his father and mother. They didn't care who was lying dead in that casket. They were here to gossip, to advance their business, to lick his parent's ass.

They could care less about Chloe Jones!

Dominic not only stole the only person he ever cared about but he also made a show out of her death.

Chloe Jones... A lowlife, a charity case, guttersnipe, having such an extravagant funeral thanks to Dominic King.

What a kind man!

What a generous man!

The world needs more people like him!

Axel admired the way his father had concealed his happiness behind an ashamed and miserable facade. He should be jumping up and down with joy. The biggest threat of his life was dead, a measly teenage girl.

Two beautiful green eyes closed forever. No one here knew what she sounded like. No one here knew her likes or dislikes. No one knew how gifted she was. No one knew how kind she was.

All they cared about was Dominic King. His acceptance, his power, his money, his business. It was all about him!

If he cared, he wouldn't have thrown a party in the name of her funeral. If he cared like he claimed that he did, he wouldn't talk business standing next to her dead body.

Axel's gaze was resentful as he looked around the room. A few people approached him, offering him condolences for the death of his schoolmate. Schoolmate? Is that what Dominic told everyone? That she was just a schoolmate?

Even after her death, Dominic couldn't call her Axel's girlfriend.

Even after her death, he couldn't give her the respect she deserved.

Even after her death, he couldn't bear to attach her name to a king.

Everything blurred out as his eyes focused on the casket. The people around him faded somewhere far away. He walked closer to it and stared at it for a long time. A sheet-like covering was placed over the casket.