❈ Chapter 15 ⑅ It's your child

Crying helplessly, Chloe waited for Axel

Crying helplessly, Chloe waited for Axel. He deserved to know too. He is the father after all.

How can they be so careless? Why it didn't cross her mind? She searched about one-month pregnancy and everything creeped her out and her decision to abort this baby wavered completely.

Every time she closed her eyes, all she could see was a one-month fetus image that she saw on the internet.

To stop the urge to dig her nail into her palms, she began to bite her nails and her legs couldn't stop fidgeting. She was afraid, she didn't know how to tell him...

She heard the rattling of keys from outside of the door.

The door creaked open and Axel stepped in. He huffed and threw his bag on the floor. His eyes fell on her and he smiled tiredly. She smiled back at him suppressing the flood of tears behind her eyes. Walking towards her like a zombie, he slumped down on the couch beside her.

"Hi, baby" he took her hand in his and kissed it softly.

"Hi..."

"Can you get some water for me, please?" he asked, she nodded and got up quickly to get water for him.

Once she was in the kitchen alone, she placed the pregnancy stick on the kitchen counter and stared at it. Her eyes burned from the urge to cry. She shook her head and turned towards the fridge to get a bottle of cold water. She turned and gasped when she saw him standing behind her.

"What?" He asked frowning.

She looked at him and then at the pregnancy test resting on the table. She stepped forward, "Water" she handed him the bottle.

"Thank you, love"

Chloe stood before him and eyes the pregnancy test. He followed her gaze and saw the test. Stretching his arms, he tried to pick it up but Chloe snatched it before he could.

"What's that?" He questioned

"Umm... Nothing."

"Chloe, what is it?" He asked

She pressed her lips into a thin line and gulped. She meekly pulled out the stick from behind her and showed it to Axel. He stared at it and then back at Chloe.

"What does it mean?" He asked, he knew it was a pregnancy test.

She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear. "It's... Uh... I'm pregnant" she mumbled

"What do you mean?" He asked

"I'm pregnant, Axel. We're having a baby..." She squeaked, her voice a tiny whisper.

Axel was rooted to his spot, he gripped the bottle tightly in his hands. "No, we're not," he said keeping his calm.

A line appeared between her brows. "What?"