❈ Chapter 26 ⑅ Axel, I knew you'd come for me!

"Axel King" he offered his hand for a handshake

Devin smiled and shook his hand. "I have heard a lot about you from your father aside from that one incident"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for that. I was drunk..."

"No, it's okay. I like your honesty." He smiled

Dominic king watched from afar. He could see how hard Axel was trying to be better. He was trying to act normal but he knew his son's mental health was far from that. Axel and Devon talked incessantly. They laughed a few times and he could see that things were going well.

He walked closer to them and heard Devon asking him about his passion for art.

"I couldn't help but notice those paint stains all over your hands" Devon laughed

"I recently started to paint again. I used to do it all the time when I was in middle school but then high school started and I became the linebacker. Football had all my attention" he explained

"I'm an art enthusiast myself. Would you mind showing me some of your work?"

Axel smiled. "No, not at all"

Devon walked with Axel to his studio and Dominic followed them. He was incredibly proud of his son, Axel was finally getting better. Axel unlocked it and turned on the lights. Devon and Dominic followed him in.

Devon looked around and was rendered speechless

Devon looked around and was rendered speechless. "They are... They are amazing. You are talented, Axel."

Axel looked at his work with pride. While Dominic was stunned looking at all the portraits. He had seen Chloe once or twice and he knew who the girl in all of the portraits was.

"I noticed they all are of the same person. Is that your girlfriend or a crush perhaps?" Devon smiled

Axel shook his head. "None..." He took a deep breath. "She's a dream"

"So, the inspiration came from a dream?"

Axel glanced at Devon and then looked back at the portraits. "You could say that"