❈ Chapter 3 ⑅ I love you

Chloe was waiting for Ella and Kimberly to call her name for cheerleading tryouts

Chloe was waiting for Ella and Kimberly to call her name for cheerleading tryouts. Kimberly called the new girl Veronica for an audition but not Chloe. She had been waiting for a long time but they didn't call her name. At first, she brushed it off but then she noticed Kimberly was deliberately ignoring her.

Chloe furrowed her eyebrows, Ella constantly gave her sympathetic looks, she even mouthed a sorry but Kimberly was acting like Chloe didn't exist.

After auditioning a few more girls, Ella and Kimberly stood up and collected their things. Chloe was intimidated by Kimberly but she had a good relationship with Ella. Ella has always been sweet to her. She never judged her based on her clothes or how much money she had. And the fact she was Axel's best friend made Chloe even more comfortable with her.

Ella was walking towards the exit when Chloe approached her.

Chloe plastered a big smile on her face. "Hey!"

Ella jumped a little and yelp. She placed a hand over her chest. "Hey," she smiled

Mustering up the courage and fumbling with her fingers, Chloe asked. "Is there a reason why Kimberly wouldn't let me audition? I really need this, Ella. The career counselor said that if a wanted to get into a good college on a scholarship I have to take part in active extracurricular activities and cheerleading is the only sport I am interested in." She explained, hoping Ella would help her.

Ella thought for a while and pursed her lips sympathetically. "I would love to have you on our squad but Kimberly only wants the best" She shrugged

Chloe practiced really hard for cheerleading. She tried to persuade Ella. "I am flexible, I learned all the cheerleading stunts. I also did ballet when I was young" she felt like she was getting interviewed for a job opening.

Ella looked down at her feet and then back at her. "Sorry, Chloe. We don't have a spot available anymore." Closing her eyes, Chloe sighed disappointedly. "But there is one thing I could do for you" Ella added

Chloe's eyes lit up. "Anything"

With a smile on her face, Ella asked. "What do you think of our track team?"

She never thought of joining any other team but she could do track. "That's an active extracurricular activity too,"

"Yeah, tryouts are tomorrow" Ella nodded and winked her way.

"Thank you, Ella. You are a lifesaver" Chloe said

"I did nothing" she shrugged and gestured her to tag along.

They both walked outside to the football court. Loud voices caught their attention. In a second, Chloe's eyes searched for Axel desperately. She gulped and clenched her hands in a fist. Her nails digging into her palms.

She saw Ace Harding squabbling over something with some other guy. Something about Ace's presence made her nervous. He had an overpowering personality. His aura tended to exhibit arrogance, superiority, and conceit.