❈ Chapter 27 ⑅ If you won't hit her, I'll kill her.

Shivering, sobbing, wounded, pained

Chloe sat in Andrew's office with a swollen, battered cheek and a bruised stomach. Her tears won't stop no matter how much she tried. Her hand was on her stomach trying to feel her child, trying to find the heartbeat, hoping that it would move, it was still too early for that but she hoped for a hint that her child was alright.

The doors opened and two bodyguards walked in. They held the door for Andrew as he walked in leisurely. He frowned as his eyes fell on Chloe and then he looked towards Maxim, standing in the corner leaning against the wall.

"Is there something I should know?" He asked Maxim.

Maxim walked towards him and told him everything that has happened since the morning.

Fury surged up inside of him. His eyes twitched and his mouth had gone hard. He walked towards Chloe and she flinched.

"Look at me!" He ordered

Trembling, she looked at him with tear-filled eyes. The swollen side of her face came into his view. He held her chin gently and assessed her face for few minutes.

"Bring her in"

Maxim nodded and gestured the guard to bring Marie in. Two huge bulky men entered holding Marie by her upper arms. They threw her in and she fell to the ground, she tried to get up but Maxim placed his polished shoe over the back of her head, squishing her face into the ground.

Her muffled cries resonated in Andrew's office. Andrew raised a finger, telling Maxim to stop.

"Get her up" he ordered and the bodyguards held her up immediately.

Andrew walked closer to her. "Marie"

Marie immediately fell to the ground and started to kiss Andrew's shoes. "Have mercy, Andrew, please" she cried. "I promise I'll never do it again, please. Have mercy" she sobbed

"You ruined her face, it's only fair if she ruins your face too," Andrew said

Chloe looked at the scene unfolding before her eyes. She could no longer control her hands; they were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm. She was beyond afraid. She cursed herself for coming here and now there was no way out. She didn't even know that this kind of place existed. Marie looked like she had been beaten a lot before being brought in. Chloe thought that she was next. Her sobs intensified as she thought about her child.

Andrew turned back and the second his eyes met with Chloe's, she looked down. Andrew took Marie's cane from one of the bodyguards and walked towards Chloe. He offered her his hand and Chloe immediately took it, she was afraid of disobeying Andrew.

She stood up and walked with Andrew until they were closer to Marie. Andrew handed her the cane and stepped back leaving her hand. He had a malicious smirk on his face as if he was enjoying all this.