❈ Chapter 21 ⑅ You are not here anymore.

Axel stood in the corner waiting for his dad to finish talking on the phone

Axel stood in the corner waiting for his dad to finish talking on the phone. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. Dominic hung up and threw his cellphone across the room.

He swallowed uneasily. He knew his father was angry but he still approached him. He picked up his father's cellphone and saw a shattered screen.

"It's done" he mumbled, staring at the phone.

Dominic sighed and sat back in his seat. "Don't worry about it. How are you?" He asked Axel.

"I'm good..."

"How's school?"

"Not good, I'm so far behind... I need to work hard for my grades and I don't think I can get into Harvard anymore" he explained dejectedly. "Even with all the extra credits project, I won't be able to get into an Ivy League"

Dominic frowned. "When have I ever told you to work hard to get into Harvard? You're a legacy. The dean of Harvard is my friend from school"

"But still, I wanted to do this on my own" Axel mumbled

"Why are you so insecure, Axel?" Dominic asked

"I'm... I'm not insecure, dad"

"No, you are. It's like you want to prove yourself to the world. That's the reason you ran away because you wanted to prove that you were something without your father, right? It was never about that girl" Dominic leaned back in his seat and watched his son's discomfort curiously.

"Dad, I told you, I did that because I love her" Axel snapped

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" Dominic laughed

"How's Chloe?" Axel asked, it was the reason he came to his father in the first place.

Dominic's amused expression turned into a snarl. "I told you I never want to hear her name from your mouth again"

"How's that girl you're supporting?" Axel asked, and stuck his nose in the air.

Dominic gritted his teeth. "She is fine and she just moved into a new apartment somewhere less shady and she is also back in school. But if you ask about that girl one more time, I promise you she won't be fine for long!" He slammed his fists on his desk and Axel's heart clenched at his words. "Accidents happens every day, Axel"

The color drained from Axel's face. He stood up and strode out of his father's home office. He went straight to his room and slammed the door shut. Once he was alone, he broke down.

"I'm sorry, Chloe"

He pulled out his new cellphone and tried to retrieve his lost data. He needed her pictures, her number, something of hers. He sat beside his bed on the floor and stared at his room mindlessly.

He had everything... Everything he missed while he was with Chloe but at least he was contented because she was by his side. And now, even after getting everything back, he felt empty and alone. He hated it. He hated his room. He hated his cars. He wanted to go back to his little apartment... With Chloe.