❈ Chapter 29 ⑅ Chloe Jones! You are fired!

Dominic looked everywhere for Axel

Dominic looked everywhere for Axel. Vanessa called him again and again but he was nowhere to be found. Dominic's phone rang and he immediately picked it up.

"Mr. King, sir Axel just entered through the gates."

Dominic sighed in relief. "I'll be there make sure he doesn't leave,"

Dominic, Charlotte, and Vanessa got into their car and he drove home carelessly. Upon reaching, Dominic stepped out, and without paying attention to anything he strode to Axel's room.

He took a deep breath and knocked. "Axel?" The door opened a little as it wasn't locked. "Axel?"

Axel sat on the ground, with his head hung low. Dominic assessed him before he sat down beside him.

"I really do love her, dad. I know that you think that I'm just a kid" he laughingly scoffed. "And I don't know what love is but I do..." He looked up, his eyes bloodshot burning with tears. "She's my soulmate"

"Axel..." Dominic breathed out.

Axel smiled a miserable smile. "Dad, she is amazing. If you tried to get to know her, you'll know." He explained slowly. "She is smart, creative, and kind, she's everything you want me to be. You will love her, please, give her a chance, please" He pleaded with tears shining in his eyes. "I don't know where she is right now, if I did I wouldn't be here. I'd be with her..." He shook his head. "I shouldn't have come back with you..."

Dominic's eyes fell on the picture resting on his lap. He picked it up and saw Chloe grinning at the camera with a certificate of some competition that she had won. He sighed, she was just a child, much like Axel and Charlotte. He was too tough on her. The rage that has built up inside of him when Axel ran away, he took that rage out on Chloe. Her only fault was she loved his son.

A feeling of dread crept up in his stomach. She was nowhere to be found. He left a child alone in the world to fend for herself. What if something bad had happened to her. How will he forgive himself then? How will Axel forgive him?

He gently placed the picture back on Axel's lap and stood up. He dusted his clothes and walked out of his room.

When Dominic left, Axel broke down completely. Dominic's silence meant one thing, he'd never let him see Chloe ever again.