❈ Chapter 17 ⑅ Make me pregnant again

"Son?"

"Son?"

Axel finally found his voice. "What are you doing here?"

Dominic smiled. "I should ask you that" he scoffed "What is Axel King doing in this dumpster?"

Axel's chin trembled like a child, throwing everything out of his way he ran to his father. Dominic laughed as he hugged his son for what felt like a century.

"I'm sorry, dad. I'm so sorry. I miss you so much and I miss mom and Charlotte. I miss my room, my cars, and my friends" he cried like a child. "I miss my life..."

Dominic stroked his son's back adoringly. "It's okay. Your dad is here. I'll make everything right" he kissed Axel's hair multiple times. "First, let's go eat something. I haven't eaten anything since this morning." He smiled at his son. Axel's thin body made him anxious for his health.

Axel looked back towards Jayden, asking for permission.

"I'm sure your boss won't mind" Dominic eyed Jayden.

"Of course not, sir" he mumbled nervously.

Dominic handed Axel the key to his Porsche. "She missed you" he gestured towards his car.

Axel took it and slid into the passenger seat. He rested his head back and sighed deeply, taking in the feeling of familiarity it gave him. Dominic sat in the passenger seat.

"I missed this" he smiled

Axel revved the engine and an unexpected laugh escaped him. The sound of the engine made him feel alive. They sped down the road, a wide smile etched on his face. Dominic stared at his son from the side. He raised his hand and ruffled his hair in an adoring manner.

"Stop here," Dominic told him.

They stopped outside a high-end restaurant and stepped out. Axel hesitated to go in.

"What?" Dominic asked him.

"I'm not dressed for this" he looked at his old, worn-out, stained clothes.

"It's okay, come on. Just walk in with your head held high like the King you are"

Hesitantly, he walked in with his father. Dominic requested a corner table hidden from everyone's view. He wanted Axel to feel comfortable. They sat down and ordered food.

"You've lost so much weight"

"Yeah... I've been working hard lately. You would've been proud if you saw me"

Dominic smiled and nodded. "I'm always proud of you, Axel"

They made small talk, Axel asked about everything that has happened since he ran away and the conversation reeled towards him and Chloe.

"Dad, please..." Axel sighed

"Axel, I need you back home. Your mother needs you, your sister misses you."