31

A/N: Over 50k reads? Why do y’all have to be so sweet…

= - start of flashback
≈ - time skip, in flashback
≠ - end of flashback

=

“That’s it!” Izuku encouraged, beaming as he watched Cherry point a loaded gun at the kitchen fridge. She blinked innocently, fiddling with the weapon in her hands, clearly not knowing what it was. “I’m so proud!”

“I-Izu…nii,” Cherry mumbled, holding the gun up to Izuku. She frowned, “What is ‘gun’?”

“Izuku, stop tainting Cherry and get over here!” Mietto shouted, mildly annoyed, “We still need to prepare the teams for tomorrow’s raid.”

“Boo, hoo!” Izuku stuck his tongue out petulantly. Then, as if realising something, he raised an eyebrow curiously. “The Hayia Raid?”

“Yes?”

“I assigned the teams yesterday…”

Mietto gave Izuku an accusing glare, “And you didn’t bother to inform me?”

“I think you forgot who’s the boss here,” Izuku retorted, rolling his eyes. Scoffing, he folded his arms and turned away. “Instead of getting monthly allowances like any other child, I’m the one paying you.”

“Oh, shut up,” Mietto retorted, “You were the one who suggested I join the Mafia.”

Cherry watched as the mother and son duo quarrelled playfully, a gigantic smile stretching her face. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Izu-nii and Okaa-san!

Cherry’s red hair shone like a red sun in the scorching weather. Her orange eyes scanned the crowd, eyebrows furrowed in uncertainty. Her small, nimble fingers clutched onto her stuffed bunny. A dull forest green, similar to the shade of Izuku’s hair.

Izuku smiled slightly, patting her on the head. “Izu-nii is going to take you shopping today, per Okaa-san’s request. Is there anything you would like to buy?”

“Yellow…” Cherry muttered, orange eyes glistening with joy, face brightening even further. Her pale skin seemed to blend in more with the sunlight radiating through the glass ceiling of the Mall. “Banana! Like– like Okaa-san’s eyes!”

“You…” Izuku blinked, staring at her with wide, intrigued eyes. A droplet of sweat trickled down the side of his forehead. “You want a banana? Like Okaa-san’s eyes…?”

Acknowledging the rapid nodding of Cherry’s head, he chuckled. Izuku gently intertwined his and Cherry’s fingers; he wouldn’t want to lose her in the thick crowd, after all.

“Then, let’s get you a banana.”

Decipher shook his head. Why were those memories flooding his head at a time like this?

He watched as All Might and All For One clashed, exchanging punches and kicks that could rumble the entire world. Katsuki was fighting for his freedom, against the rest of the League of Villains. Even from afar, Decipher could tell the pain Katsuki was in; the veins on his wrists were bulging from the extensive use of his Quirk, and his movements were stiffer than when he first started attacking.