46

A/N: It's ideal to listen throughout the chapter :)

"Shit. Fuck!" A golden-haired male slammed his fist against the stone wall of an alleyway, slightly cracking and denting it. He then grasped his hair with his fingers, bending down to curl on the floor. "I… I shouldn't have joined this godforsaken group. Now… Now I have to fight in a war?"

     "Pull yourself together," a lavender-haired female said. Her hair was tied into a bun, but it was loose and untidy due to the ongoing raging battle. Her face scrunched up, her fingers curling into her palms. "We… We knew what we were getting into the moment we signed that contract with Decipher. Don't let him hear you complaining about this now."

     "Our contract stated that if anyone were to hurt us or anyone related to us, they would be punished accordingly…" another person said; a man with lengthy black hair and neon highlights, tied into a low ponytail. His oceanic gaze glimmered with pride as he lowered the sunglasses sitting on the bridge of his nose. "Shigaraki has hurt a lot of us. I have faith that Decipher will teach him a lesson… I have faith that Decipher will emerge victorious in the end."

     "…" The other male and female in the room looked at him, a certain glimmer in their eyes.

     The lavender-haired woman smiled, "I believe in him too."

     "I-I guess you're right…" the golden-haired one meekly admitted.

     The earpieces in the three's ears flickered to life, garnering their attention. A spark of hope fluttered in their hearts when they heard none other than their boss' voice.

     "Are all of you alright?" Decipher's slightly breathless voice inquired, "Alive and well, I hope. Please… Hold on for a bit longer. I apologise that you have to go through this because of my incompetence…"

     Thunder blared, nearly overlapping the voice in the earpiece. Rain tapped against the pavement, onto the ground right next to Sunaka Reiko's ears. The water dripped onto her face and into her mouth, nose and eyes, but Reiko found that she couldn't move no matter how hard she tried.

     The blood smeared on her face turned the rainwater a light pink as it trailed down her cheeks. Her silver hair practically blended in with the pavement, and her lifeless brown eyes stared at the night sky; admiring its beauty.

     It's a shame.

     "I promise that by the end of this…"

     Reiko wouldn't be able to see Decipher again. He was her only friend; the only one who accepted her, despite her Quirklessness. The Mafia had become like a family for her. But, now that she thought about it, she really shouldn't have joined the Mafia…

     "You will all go back to your families."

     …Because then, she didn't want to leave.

Izuku let out a breath as he glanced at his surroundings—he didn't even know where he was, but it seemed like a graveyard. Corpses littered the streets like decoration, blood splatters covering the walls and ground like oxygen itself. His face darkened; among those empty shells were some of his comrades, which had regrettably fallen during this battle.

     Izuku turned his gaze back to Shigaraki, who was panting as he kneeled on the floor. His wavy hair had turned white, reaching just below his shoulders. He wore a suit with a cape—did he think he was some sort of king? It would seem that Shigaraki's childish demeanour hadn't changed within his time of disappearance.