12

Not me just realising I skipped the 1st year representative speech– nope. Not me. Just imagine it went the same way as in the anime/manga.
I'm so sorry–

-

"The second round will be…" Midnight spun the wheel again. The tension in the arena rose as it spun continuously, until it finally landed. "A Cavalry Battle!"

Ah, teamwork…

"With a little twist," Suddenly, non-existent lights seemed to turn off. The only place that remained bright was Izuku's spot in the crowd. "The person that got first place in the first round will have ten million points!"

Izuku's eye twitched as the other contestants eyed him maliciously. He simply glared back threateningly, as if saying 'bring it on'.

-

This is bad. No one wants to team up with him because they're scared to be targeted! Izuku was starting to regret trying in the obstacle course.

"Hey, Izuku!" A sudden voice snapped him out of his internal panic. Spikey blond hair was all he needed to see to identify the person who called him.

"Hey, Kacchan," Izuku replied, smiling softly at his childhood best friend. "What do you need?"

"Be in my team," Was all Katsuki responded with. The green-haired boy blinked in surprise.

"A-Are you sure?" Izuku asked uncertainly. He did not want to be the downfall of his crush's team, that would leave a bad impression on him…

"Definitely. Now come on, nerd!" Katsuki didn't waste any more time, grabbing Izuku by the wrist and dragging him to his team.

"Dumb hair! Flex tape!" Bakugo called, immediately getting the two's attention.

"Hey, Midobro!" Kirishima exclaimed enthusiastically. Sero smiled at the green-haired male. "I guess you're our last teammate?"

"I-I guess so," Izuku said, rubbing the back of his head. Katsuki stared at him with determined eyes, then shifted his gaze to the palm of his hand.

-
Katsuki's POV

I don't know what's going on with the nerd, but he's ducking suspicious. The way his smile seems so fake, the way he nearly lashed out the other day…something is up. And I want to know what!

That means I have to improve our relationship. Maybe then would he tell me his secret. Working together in the Cavalry Battle is useful, since it gives us a better chance of winning and I can get what I want.

Dumb hair is the front horse, considering he can charge into battle and no one could get a single scratch on him. Flex Tape is a side horse; he's just an extra in case we need to trap people. Izuku is the other side horse, he has literal firepower and the sudden appearance of a strength enhancer. He would be a formidable foe if we were to fight; that much I know.

Overall, we are an unstoppable force. Perfect.

"Kacchan," Izuku called soothingly. I blinked and looked down at him while tying my headband. "Why did you consider making me a part of your team?"

There's a weird thing I noticed about Izuku's tone of voice. Whenever he would get serious, his voice would suddenly lack its usual enthusiasm and sheepishness. It's like he becomes a whole other person.