21

"Wait, what did you say?" Izuku blinked at the new information he was given, eyes blown wide in shock.

Mietto chuckled shyly, "I adopted a child. Her name is Cherry. Sorry if it's out of the blue, it just happened so suddenly."

"Either way, if she is adopted by you, she's automatically in the Mafia," the greenette started bouncing in place, a sharp grin splitting his face.

The mother smiled at her son's enthusiasm.

"So, so! Do you think she likes guns?" Izuku's emerald eyes practically sparkled with excitement, glitter radiating from his aura. He clenched his fists and brought them to the front of his chest.

"She might," Mietto giggled, eyes softening fondly.

Izuku whooped and started jumping around the room, screeching 'I have a younger sister!' over and over again. Mietto sighed and shook her head, the corners of her lips perking up in adoration.

-

Fortunately, everyone had found the written portion of the final exams fairly easier than they had expected, which led them to their current sequence. Glancing around at his teachers, Izuku raised a brow in bewilderment. Nearly the entire staff was present. And even if the rest of his classmates did not notice, Izuku could not ignore the tiny revelation of a white ear that popped up from inside Aizawa's capture weapon.

"Without a doubt," Aizawa spoke up coolly, face practically expressionless. He paused for dramatic effect, collecting the attention of every student present. "Most of you conceivably have at least some knowledge of the exercise test."

Ashido and Kaminari perked up, raising their hands enthusiastically.

"We'll be fighting against robots, right?" Ashido chirped excitedly, a hopeful smile gracing her pink lips.

Suddenly, Nezu divulged himself from Aizawa's scarf, surprising every student besides Izuku – who simply did not know how to react.

"Wrong!" The principal's grin stretched wide, and Izuku narrowed his eyes in suspicion, sensing a dubious hint of malicious intent radiating from the chimaera. "You will not be having a battle simulation against robots for your test exercise!"

Apparently – Nezu explained – due to the recent surge of villains, U.A. was forced to increase the quality of their training methods in order to increase the students' battle experience. An admirable tactic, in Izuku's perspective.

"From now on, U.A. students will be having battle simulations similar to real-life battles. You will be the first students who will try these!" Nezu explained. His beady eyes glimmered nefariously, causing a cold shiver to involuntarily run down Izuku's spine. "Therefore, your test exercise will be forming pairs and facing one of U.A.'s teachers in combat!"

A multitude of gasps echoed throughout the area. Izuku brought up a gloved hand to muffle an incensed sigh.

"Fight one of you guys? But you have so much more experience!" Kirishima pointed out, eyes wide and mouth agape in shock.

"We'll be wearing compact weighted bracelets – courtesy of Hatsume Mei – on our limbs to handicap ourselves, so it'll be scarcely equal," The rat reasoned, clearly looking forward to fighting his students more than anything else. "Besides, nothing is fair when it comes to being a hero; I'm sure Aizawa has already taught you that."

Izuku raised his hand. "Are we allowed to choose who we pair up with?" He inquired, not bothering to react to Nezu's partially reassuring statement, which is probably why most of his classmates froze, staring at him like he had lost his sanity. They could not believe how lightly he was taking such news, especially since he was the first person to receive the information about fighting robots. Not teachers.