18

A/N:
Thank you all so much for over 10k reads! This means a lot to me, knowing that many people are interested in my work has given me the motivation to continue my passion for writing.

Now, enjoy!

°

Izuku was awoken by the voices of people around him. He slowly opened his eyes, finding himself to be wrapped around someone. Clenching his carrier's shoulders, he skilfully flipped and tackled them onto the ground.

"Who–" Izuku glanced up and instantly locked eyes with Gran Torino, causing him to pause. "W-wha…"

"Calm down, kid," the old hero soothed, kneeling to his height and placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. Izuku relaxed, glancing down at the person he tackled.

"Damn, kid. You're reflexive for your age," Native commented from below him. The greenette yelped in surprise, releasing the death grip he had on the hero.

"S-Sorry, Native! I didn't mean to hurt you," Izuku rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, his other hand reaching out to help Native to his feet. The hero gladly took the hand, lifting himself to his feet.

"You didn't hurt me, don't worry," He politely responded, a gentle smile gracing his features. "After saving me from the hero killer, I could never thank you enough anyway."

Suddenly, Izuku was kicked in the face. He stumbled back, clutching his nose. "Ow!"

"You're so troublesome! Didn't I say to stay on the train?!" Gran Torino berated.

"You expected me to listen?" Izuku raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms with a sassy huff.

The old hero's eye twitched in agitation, and he sighed. "No. You're too much like Toshinori, of course you wouldn't listen."

"Glad we could–" Izuku silenced himself, his senses screaming at him in high volumes. "Get down!"

A random hero was unable to dodge in time, forcing Izuku to react instead. In a moment of desperation, he pushed the hero out of the way. The sharp talons of a flying Nomu dug into the side of his abdomen, causing him to wince at the abrupt pain.

"Midoriya!" Izuku scarcely heard Todoroki and Iida yell as he and the Nomu soared higher above the ground.

The greenette cursed under his breath, grabbing onto the talons and attempting to yank them out, only succeeding in aggravating his regenerating wounds. He struggled against the Nomu's hold, growling exasperatedly.

Suddenly, Izuku harshly landed on the concrete ground, briefly crying out upon impact. The greenette glanced up in confusion, emerald gaze meeting a familiar piercing ruby. Stain…!

"This is all…" the hero killer grumbled, voice as rough and bitter as Izuku remembers. He dislodged his dagger from the Nomu's brain, resulting in a river of crimson liquid to seethe out. "…to create a more just society."

"Why are you all standing there in a group?"

Footsteps thumped against the pavement, and everyone's attention was redirected to Endeavor.

Shit, Izuku internally cursed, taking in the current predicament. What a horrible time to make an appearance!

Stain growled, narrowing his eyes at the flaming hero. "Endeavor."