26

"I'm a villain."

Katsuki's eyes widened in absolute horror as he stared into Izuku's bright green eyes. His ruby eyes searched for any deception, hoping that maybe-- just maybe-- Izuku was just kidding around.

But no, his boyfriend was a hundred percent serious. Izuku awaited his response, as if he had asked an important question-- as if he had not just exposed himself as a villain to a hero-in-training.

Katsuki took a sharp intake of breath, nearly choking when he did. How was he supposed to respond? Like how he responded in the hot springs? ...Can he really do that?

"If..." Izuku whimpered; it was so soft, Katsuki nearly missed it. "If y-you're not comfortable, we could always--"

"No," Katsuki demanded, surprised by his own confidence. "I just... I need time to process this."

Tightening his fists, Izuku nodded. "Of course."

After Katsuki went back to his room, Izuku laid back on his bed. Damn it. I shouldn't have told him-- he probably doesn't want to see me anymore.

He sighed, getting up from his bed. He needed a distraction--

"Just in case, bring this along." Tasei instructed, handing Izuku a pack of cigarettes.

"You know I'm trying to--" Izuku was cut off.

"I know. But... just in case." Tasei smiled, gently patting him on the head. "You may have a regeneration Quirk, but I doubt it can heal you mentally."

Smoking would damage his lungs. Izuku had a regeneration Quirk, yes, but it took a lot of energy if used too frequently. It could tamper with his mafia work, so he stopped... Well, he tried to stop.

He rummaged through his bag, quickly finding a pack of cigarettes. Hesitantly, he stuffed it into his pocket.

-

S

moke filled the cold, nighttime air as Izuku settled on a boulder near the entrance of a cave. He smiled contentedly at the familiar scent.

He was so consumed by his thoughts that he didn't take note of the time. It was around 1am in the morning when someone caught him.

"Midoriya?" Izuku stiffened, throwing the cigarette he was smoking onto the floor and stomping on it.

Shit. Of all people... Aizawa emerged from the side of the mountain-- where the slope that led there in the first place was. The teacher had a look of confusion and worry etched onto his face.

"What are you--" Aizawa sniffed the air, dark eyes widening in realisation. He almost seemed hesitant to speak. "Were you..."

"S-someone must be cooking somewhere," Izuku attempted to cover up, chuckling awkwardly when his teacher gave him an unimpressed look. "Smells delicious, right?"

"Midoriya."

Izuku nearly choked. Aizawa seemed so earnest-- it made him falter momentarily.

"I don't know what you're going through," There it was: the 'father lecture'. Aizawa slowly walked up to him and placed his hand firmly on Izuku's shoulder. "But smoking isn't an answer; I would know--"

"Well you don't own a large criminal organisation, do you?" Izuku snapped, gritting his teeth as his eyes flared with abrupt anger.

"Problem child--"

In a swift action-- too quick for Aizawa to dodge-- Izuku used his telekinesis to get ahold of a foldable knife from his right sock and pressed it against Aizawa's neck. "I could kill you instantly."