5

The 'Quirk Apprehension Test', as Aizawa calls it, went smoothly. Izuku was able to get top 5 in every test, except for repeated side steps, despite not being able to use much of his fire quirk or One For All.

1st: Yaoyorozu Momo

2nd: Todoroki Shouto

3rd: Bakugou Katsuki

4th: Midoriya Izuku

5th: Iida Tenya

6th: Tokoyami Fumikage

7th: Shoji Mezo

8th: Mashirao Ojiro

9th: Kirishima Eijirou

10th: Ashido Mina

11th: Uraraka Ochako

12th: Kouji Kouda

13th: Rikidou Satou

14th: Tsuyu Asui

15th: Yuuga Aoyama

16th: Hanta Sero

17th: Kaminari Denki

18th: Kyouka Jirou

19th: Hagakure Tooru

20th: Mineta Minoru

Izuku smirked to himself, proud of his results.

"NO!!" Mineta wailed, crying his eyes out. Kaminari tried to comfort him, but the tears continued to pour with no intention of stopping anytime soon. Izuku, feeling slight sympathy for the small purple-haired boy, walked over to him.

The greenette smiled and patted Mineta's head gently. "It's okay, Mineta-Kun! You'll do better next time," Mineta stopped sobbing and looked up to meet Izuku's warm, emerald gaze.

Without saying anything, Mineta jumped onto Izuku and embraced him. The greenette awkwardly hugged back.

"You are such an angel, Midoriya!" Mineta cried. The comment caused Izuku to sweatdrop. As the short teen continued crying on Izuku's shoulder, the green-haired teen patted his back gently.

Aizawa sighed. "No one is getting expelled. That was just a logical ruse to push you all to do your best," The statement caused an uproar as students started complaining.

"You guys didn't know? Oh, I guess I should've said something," Momo said. The class deadpanned at her statement.

No, Aizawa is known to have expelled many more students than I have weapons. You're wrong. Izuku narrowed his eyes at the black-haired girl, while still patting Mineta's back as he was now crying tears of joy and relief.

"Hear that, Mineta? You're not getting expelled," Kaminari said from beside the two embracing teens. Izuku smiled sweetly at the blond boy.

-

After he went to Recovery Girl's office to heal his finger, Izuku was about to exit the giant gates of UA High School.

"Hey! Midoriya-Kun!" Izuku did a full 180° to face the person who had called him.

"Oh, hello Iida!" Izuku greeted, waving at the blue-haired teen as he walked beside him.

"I want to apologise for my behaviour during the entrance exams," Iida said, bowing lowly. Izuku stepped back in surprise. "I was behaving immaturely and called you out on something you couldn't control. I'm sorry,"

Izuku couldn't say anything, just stand there in shock. Realising this, he snapped himself out of his stupor.

"N-no, it's fine! Y-you were just acting like a p-proper student!" Izuku stammered, still in a daze.