The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 1

Start from the beginning

Bean took a deep breath and exhaled. She had her wedding dress in hand as she stood over a cliff, gazing at the broad view of the luscious green forest and vast mountains with clouds hovering around the top. Bean lets go of her wedding dress as it falls to the bottom of the cliff. She smiled and turned around to both Elfo and Luci.

"Alright, let's hit the road, guys! Today is the day when my life will finally change!" She said happily, feeling the happiest she's been in a long time. "We're off to a new start! A new life!"

"Let me start by asking," said Luci, leaning against a tree and watching Bean walk past her. "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"

"Nope," said Bean, shaking her head. "But that's just the fun of it! I don't have everything planned out for me! I get to make my own choices!"

"Don't worry, Bean! We'll be by your side every step of the way!" Elfo cheerfully said.

"Your words, not mine..." Luci shrugged. "So, bright and free princess, where are we off to?"

"Well..." Bean thought for a moment and looked around. "Well, for starters, we should make camp! Then we set off west!" She said, pointing to the right.

"That's east..." said Luci.

"Uh..." Bean looked at Luci and then looked behind her. "WEST!"

"That's South..." Luci corrected her once more.

"ANYWAY!" Elfo yelled out as he glared at Luci. "Let's keep following this path. We'll be sure to run across a town by then."

"Right!" Bean said with a nod as she grabbed the sword that she had taken from a guard.

The trio would travel for a couple of miles. They often set up camp to rest before they started traveling again. So far, they had not seen any signs of a town on their travels. After the second day, the three of them sat around another camp. The only thing they ate was some fruit that they collected from a nearby tree.

"Man, how thick is this forest? It feels like it's never-ending," said Elfo, staring into the fire.

"Ugh, I'm getting sick of eating apples!" said Bean, tossing the half-eaten apple away.

"We've been going in a circle," said Luci.

"What?" said Bean and Elfo in unison.

"How come you didn't say anything?!" Shouted Elfo

"You two didn't ask," Luci said, puffing out his cigarette smoke and then laughing.

"UGH!" Bean gets to her feet and then grabs her sword. She turns around. She froze as she stared at a man wearing a brown and green outfit with a hood over his head.

Koga tossed the apple Bean was eating into the air and then caught it. "It's not nice to waste food," he said to her as he took one big bite of the apple, nearly eating it whole. Mm, now that's a good apple."

"Uhh..." Bean stared at Koga, clutching her sword tightly. "W-Who are you?" She asked. Her voice quivered slightly. 

"My name is not important," he replied softly, tossing the eaten apple's core away and pulling back his hood. He was handsome, with tan skin, long black hair, and emerald eyes. He took out the poorly drawn picture of Bean that Odval had given him. "So you're Princess Tiabeanie?"

Bean looks at the picture. "Wow...dad must've executed another palace painter..."

"I...I think it captures your looks pretty well..." said Elfo, looking at the drawing.

"Yeah, all of her buck teeth definitely..." said Luci, laughing again.

Koga looked over at Elfo. "An Elf?"