"Dr. Herman had a consult, with another patient." She smiled, reassuringly. It was best to lie, in this case.

"Well, she can do something, right?" Corey asked. "She said she'd do everything to get the baby to term. That was the whole point of planing fetal surgery."

"That's still the point, Corey. That's still the goal." The short girl nodded. "Dr. Herman will likely perform an intrauterine transfusion. I will get her up to speed, and we'll both come back and talk to you about how to move forward."

As Helena left the room, she took her phone out of her pocket, her face falling. As she approached Arizona, she asked. "Dr. Herman better pick up the phone. She better pick up the phone, or Emily Jensen's baby is going to die."

——

"Can you please try her again?" Helena insisted, at the central nurses station, hoping maybe that'd get Nicole to come in. "I know you've already paged her multiple times, but it's an emergency."

"Sure, Dr. C." Dave, the nurse, nodded.

From the other side of the nurses station, she caught a fragment of a conversation, between Amelia and a patient's relative.

"Amelia! You're... a doctor?" The woman asked, making Helena smile to herself. It was usually sweet finding old friends, who you'd lost touch with.

"I am, yeah." The woman nodded.

She tried Nicole's phone again, who simply rang, getting to the voice mail again. Impatiently tapping her foot, she sighed, turning to the nurse. "Thank you, Dave. I'll keep trying her cell."

Just then, she heard the redhead by Amelia begin to raise her tone. "Excuse me, I need a different doctor. She- she cannot touch my mother. I need a different doctor, right now!"

"Ok, calm down..." Amelia urged.

"No, I want another doctor!" She yelled.

"Hi, ma'am. What's the problem, here?" Helena stepped in, with a smile on her face.

"She cannot touch my mother!" The woman shrieked. "She's a drug addict! I cannot have her operate on my parents."

At that, the short girl's eyelids fluttered in confusion, as she let out. "I assure you, Dr. Shepherd is one of our best- "

"She is a junkie!" She yelled.

"Excuse me, I cannot have you speak to one of our doctors this way, ma'am. Please, calm down, and we can-" Helena urged, placing a comforting hand on the woman's forearm.

"I met her in narcotics anonymous! She's hooked on oxy. She overdosed with her boyfriend and woke up with him dead in bed with her! I want another doctor!" She yelled, making the whole ER stare, as Owen approached the woman, still in his yellow trauma gown.

"Please, come with me." He urged, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You keep her away from them!" She yelled.

"Don't worry, I've got this." Derek announced, immediately taking her patient.

As the room calmed down, Helena was left with wide eyes, looking at a teary eyed Amelia.