Fifty

Time Before The Talk

Chapter 50

"Ryan Parker. Surely not a pleasure." Jade says his hands tightening around my waist while I just feel myself go further in Jade's chest. Ryan notices this movement and chuckles mockingly, bring his thumb up to his lips and rubbing them together.

"Well, Jade Augustine, you stole my line, you are holding my girl right now, and you think I will let this go?" He starts moving forward when Jade holds me tighter but this time, I don't really feel fear in me. Maybe it's the presence of the people around me or the fact that I am not the old Valarie who will cower at the request of his abusive boyfriend. "Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, you still need protection around you, don't you? You are still the same weak, submissive, cowardly girl I dated and that's why I know that I am the only one who can handle you. You are mine Valarie, you always will. And for the fact, you will always come back to me so stop this little playdate of yours right now and follow me."

He goes to hold my wrist and pull me when I grab his wrist first and press the nerve which stops the moment of his whole arm. He tries to move but I tighten my hold and twist it more for him to let out a whimper and look at me with blazing eyes. "Do I look like the old Valarie? I don't think so Ryan because the Valarie you knew is dead and do you know who killed her?" I go close to his ear and speak

"You."

"You killed that Valarie who used to cry on her scars every night and panic every time a guy came close to her. But I have no regrets. I embrace my scars now and have a guy in my life who worships my body like a goddess, it's a good thing I held on to all my good things, which believingly doesn't contain you." I say and let go of his arm moving back to stand. He hisses again and rubs his wrist, glaring at me but also looking a little guilty. Probably one of the psychotic traits?!

Before I could say more, I heard murmurs surrounding the auditorium. I look up to see all the parents coming back, making their way to the original seats. Our parents come back and stand beside us with a neutral expression on each face, which makes me sigh in anticipation about what will happen next.

Mr. Augustine comes back to the stage with Mr. and Mrs. Parker and Mr. and Mrs. Lockwood with Jai standing beside them. He looks around the crowd and once he sees us, he smiles brightly making me, Charlott, and Ivy chuckle. I feel Jade's hand on my lower back, sliding and squeezing my waist. I look up to see him glaring at Jai while I hold a chuckle at this scene already knowing what he is thinking.

"Well, I apologize for the delay and discomfort caused to the people around here. Now that the deed is settled and everybody's views are taken into consideration, I would like to tell you that Mr. and Mrs. Parker will no longer be the dual partner of Cluster for this year." I release a sigh of satisfaction and turn to my mother to give her a small hug and then see Ryan who is boiling with anger right now.