Thirty-Two

The Secrets in the Attic

Chapter 32

A dark room. No window. No lights. My hands' numb itching to carry something but too heavy to lift. My legs crossed, wanting to move but too tightly tied to walk. My throat sore, wanting to say something but too fragile to even open. I tried moving in the black room, something to make my presence know the world, anything to let anyone know that there is a human in here.

Anyone except him.

Suddenly I hear the cracking sound of the door, hoping to lift my face when a shiny light cascade down the room, making me go close to blind. After a few seconds, I lift my head to see a shadow with something in that person's hand. Something white. As the person comes closer, I squint my eyes to see the object. Cable Ties?

Cable Ties.

Noooo, Noooo, Noooo. He's here.

No please no. No Ryan. Please

"Noooo!"

"He's here."

Please stop itttttt."

I feel someone shake my body when instantly as I quickly open my eyes. My forehead sweating badly profoundly, my breathing heaving, and someone holding me close. Someone close. Tightly cradling my body.

"Get off me!" I without thinking start hitting the entity, I begin to hit the person holding me. Tears still caressing down my cheek like a waterfall. I try getting out of the hold when I feel the person holding me tighter this time., too hard to scramble my body against his.

"Get off me Ryan." I shout as loudly as possible, making the person holding me leave. I wrap my hands around myself, continuing patting my arm as my psychiatrist said, chanting good things around me.

The darkness feels to therapy but still drowning me in the whole of misleading judgments and tangled nerves for my mind and body to obey in which direction to lose myself. To feel me only to comply my mind to feel numb and my heart to shut everything down.

My breaths coming too ragged and my body shivering uncontrollably out of my reach to hold and have the inner faith and trust in the process of holding myself tightly with the sanity my body keeps flinching away from. I can't lose myself again to that poisonous being.

Reminding of the good things

Yes, good things,

Dance, Sun, Beach, water, Friends, Family, Jade.

Jade.

I quickly lift my head from my lap, finally coming back to reality to see Jade standing in the corner of the room with his eyes looking at me, fidgeting with his hands, trying to keep his hand off me I suppose, with his eyes holding so many emotions.