Thirty-Four

Missed Me My Little Mouse?

My favorite chapter, I hope you like it:)

Chapter 34

"So, this is the second last stop of ours, it's the Santa Maria Maggiore, one of Rome's majestic churches

"So, this is the second last stop of ours, it's the Santa Maria Maggiore, one of Rome's majestic churches. Pope Liberius had a vision of the Virgin directing him to build a church where snow fell the following day. Although it was August, the snow did fall on the Esquiline hill the next morning, so here the great basilica was built." Ethan speaks while showing us this so beautiful church. The high golden ceilings, with the golden lights showered upon them, is just so beautiful and enchanting, making it difficult for me to close my mouth for the whole ride.

We have been roaming around different places, with the major help of Ethan who practically knows each and every history of each and every place. My mouth went dry and my eyes wide when we first visited The Colosseum and he dictated the past of it like an open book.

Asking him how he knows so much about it, he answers that he's a history major in college and has always been interested in learning about old new places and while looking at him with a smile on his face, I can tell he enjoys learning and sharing his knowledge.

I and Lucas have been together for all the places we have gone to yet. I know something is going on between him and Char, they have been avoiding each other like plague, though I like his company much to my expectancy.

I have talked to Lucas a lot in the past even though he has always been the chill flirty person of the group, I know there is more to the story, while he is also putting a façade just like me to hid himself from the truth. More to my surprise, whenever he is with me, he gets down a bit, letting his mask go off, though still just a bit, letting me see his vulnerable side, a little relieved to know that he thinks of me as his safe house.

I am brought back to reality when I feel Lucas nudge me, bringing his pack of chips to my side. I bring my hand out to eat and look. The only thing I have done on this whole trip. Jade had to cut the sightseeing short when he got a call for some emergency meeting from Joseph (the company representator) telling him about some problem in business.