Forty-Six

The 2

The 2.am Talk

Chapter 46

We are all now seated on the dining table, waiting for the maids to bring all the dishes whose fragrance has been making my stomach rubble from the past half an hour. Everybody is already dressed in comfortable clothes and are sitting well except for Ishaan who is practically always late so no surprise there, though looking at Maa's temper rise knowing she hates tardiness, Ishaan should prepare his death bed soon. In 3,2,1,

"Ishaan Abram Frost if you are not in this room in the next one minutes, I am going to harm you with my sharpest knife believe me." and that's on my mother liking Charlott. She always likes giving threats that are empty most of the time but always believable, for example now looking at Aiden and Lucas who are gulping their saliva shakily with fear. Dad probably sees it and chuckle,

"Don't worry boys, the limit of her empty threats is increasing day by day. She is as sweet as a flower." Dad pinch Maa's cheeks making her swat his hand and look at him with a pout, making her extra adorable. She likes having a little scared spot for her in everybody's mind and when she is actually angry, it surely works.

"And Maa I stopped being scared of your butter knife when I was ten, so I guess I will pass the opportunity of being sliced to some other day." Ishaan enters with an amused expression and goes directly to Maa and kisses her cheek. She pulls his ear making him let out a squeak and then kiss his cheek too. Everybody chuckles in the room and that's when Ishaan looks around to see new faces. His gaze starts and ends at Jade, looking at him intently.

"Jade right?" He asks and Jade stands from his chair and brings his hand out for Ishaan. They do that boys handshake and Dad and Maa look at them strangely.

"How do you know each other Ishaan?" Dad asks curiously looking at both of them and that's when it hit me. Shit, they met when I fainted and Maa and Dad don't know about the incident. I pressurized Ishaan for the whole two hours for not telling them anything and making them worry. In the end, he somewhere understood my concern of not explaining the whole incident.

I look at Ishaan and Jade horridly telling them from my shaky eyes not to hint anything and they just look back at me unsurely. God, why are boys so stupid? Before I could comment something Jade beats me on that and I just close my eyes at what he is going to say.

"Valarie's car stopped working just outside the Charity House one day. So, I offered and brought her home where I met Ishaan briefly." The lie comes out actually naturally and Dad and Maa nod their head in understanding.

"So, let's begin eating now shall we." Maa happily speaks and tells the maids to bring the dishes just when Ishaan takes the seat next to Ivy, whereas Aiden is sitting beside her and then Lucas with Charlott on his other side. Ethan is sitting beside me and then on my other side is Jade with Maa and Dad on the head. We are sitting on a rectangular and with space between our chairs so from each angle nobody can know what the other person is doing.