Six~

The Desperation To Run Away

Chapter 6

Seeing her in front of my eyes right now, made my blood run out of my system. The people I despise is standing right in front of me and all I could do was stare them with emptiness. They are the reason of my past years misery and seeing them all smiling and giddy right now infuriates me. All the smile thrown at each other's way makes me feel like it's all for me, mocking at me for achieving the success of making me the person who I am.

I do need a drink now.

I carry a bottle of bourbon from the bar and made my way towards the first room in the hall, my father's office and lie on a couch freely with a thud, gulping all the bad memories of these past years with the drink, picturing the only two faces in my mind that were responsible for ruining me. Now here I was, in an apocalypse state from which no one can help me out and my whole life reasoning and answers lies in one word.

Numb.

While staying a low in my own world for what feels long, a spark of flash clicks in my eyes making me grunt out of annoyance. I with a sway in my moments gets up from the couch. I could see nothing for a few seconds but when I did, red was the only colour plastered in front of my eyes. She was standing there with a vase in her hand, looking at me with a terrified expression. If I wasn't annoyed while looking at the person in front of me, and the position she was standing in, I surely would have been amused. Before she could say or do anything, I move close to her in an instant and pin her body down against the wall with my hands on both side of her head. I didn't leave much space between us, I was staring at her deeply, looking into her soul. One step and my lips will crash with hers and seeing her right now, in this position, where I am dominating her is making my heart rate go crazy.

No this is not the time to think it all.

I shake my head, making some of my hair falling out on my forehead. I looked at her again with a hard gaze. I knew I didn't have anything on me to pin her down the wall like this, it was just a moment of reflex, so I did what I am dreading to do since the moment I came here, I asked her the reason of my misery and how much she enjoyed me seeing in one.

But once I did, she herself seemed to be oblivious of the answers like I was talking gibberish. I wanted answers but with each question she seemed to fall more into the daze of uncertainty and all while looking at me with curiosity. She just looks confused, making it seem like as if she is the one who needs answers, and I am the key to it.

She assuredly deserves an Oscar for the show of emotion she is stowing on her face.

Leaving her in that state, I make my way by to the party where everybody was ready to listen to my father's pathetic speech. After a few minutes even she makes her way out to the crowed, standing in the front with some high-society people. In that entire speech I kept my eye on her, trying to figure her out. I couldn't help but stare at her and somewhere I knew it wasn't just because of my hatred towards her but a new emotion flowing inside of me. I knew it was attraction and feeling any other emotion except for hatred is surely making me feel disgusted for my own self.

Listening to all his high lines, thanking his lucky charm shit he says, but only I know how much of a curse she is. The evening finally came to an end and all I can think was to reach for my Harley and ride it till the end of this fucking world.

Giving her one last glance, filled with despise I made my way towards my bike. Sober or not, I didn't care I just want to get away from all this drama and feel the free air hitting my face. Making my way and getting on my bike, I can see a figure running in full speed. After coming a little close I sighed in annoyance when I noticed that it was one of my father's driver running towards me. After what seemed like forever, he comes to halt and huffs in need of air with his hands bend on his knees.

"What?" I asked with a slight irritation in my voice

"Mr. Augustine is looking for you" He said after regaining his breath

"Tell him I am not coming" I replied while getting on my bike again.

"But-" Before he could continue my bike roared loudly as I keep clutching the gear again and again to make it come back to life.

Without listening to another word, I sprint it at the fastest speed, leaving him and his words behind. After what seemed like an hour ride, my bike automatically took me towards the only place I know the address of and which can never vanish from the face of the earth.

My mother's grave.

I sit on the soft grass, putting my bottle on the cemented step and lying down. Huffing a little and looking up at the sky which is full of stars and wind blowing in a soft pace, I try to control both my breathing and tears. Something I haven't done since the past many years of my life. Before I could become a poodle mess and lose control over me and my emotions, I get up and started running in the fastest speed. The soft wind now feels hard, slapping me in all direction, waking me up from the weakness. I run till the time I couldn't feel my own heartbeat, just wanting to run not just physically but mentally too.

Run from everything and everybody known to me.

Disappearance. Away from this world, away from dad, away from her but especially away from myself. I believingly shut down all my emotions at a very young age. I never cry, hell I didn't even cry on my mother's funeral, if I break now, I would be called nothing but frail and I can't have anymore names which are already given to me by my father.

It must feel like that even after shutting myself out from the emotion of the world, how can I be affected so much that bearing in itself is a feeling now. But trust me, they do more than anyone can think. Well that's the loss point, to conceal something we have to surrender the other and since the order to keep my emotions hard from the other people living in this globe, my pain seemed to have heightened where my capability to love and be carefree seemed to go negligible.

We men feel everything that any other gender feels but making us carry the tag of tough and strong, we are always put in the secondary category of feeling emotions which makes us obey and ignore them at the same time. So now all I got to do is keep this theory in me and be what I have always been.

Keeping that in my mind, I make my way back to charity house, just to have a needed sleep and with that while entering the main gate, I can see my father standing in a distance, ignited with anger. Feeling my stare, he snapped his head towards me and starting walking towards me with his...golf stick.

Not again.

------------------------------------------

So here is chapter six, do you seriously think if Valarie is as evil as Jade thinks or not? If you liked this chapter please vote, comment and follow my profile for further updates. Next chapter will be to portray one more cast of the book and I hope you like him too. And follow my Instagram for more story updates if you like!

Love you and stay safex

Hansika~

-----------------------------------------------