Thirty-Six

Back to Abnormal

Back to Abnormal.

Chapter 36

The cause of why I tried killing myself a year ago."

I cannot stop thinking about what she said. These words keep replaying in my mind, while I hold a sleeping Valarie in my arms. She had a breakdown after she told me this. She cried in my arms all this while and all I could do was be there for her. I wanted to help her in any way I could but for that, I had to give Valarie her time and space.

Though this will be the last of my limit. I have ignored it many times but this was something I can never get out of my mind. Once Valarie wakes up, I will ask her who the fucker Ryan is. What has he done to make her like this that she is afraid of her own shadow?

I look down to see her head resting on my chest and her hands wrapped around my torso tightly, like I am going to disappear any minute. The sun is setting down, showering its golden light to Valarie's hair, making her brunette hair shine brightly. Her skin looks paler and the hand marks residing down slowly. I try getting out of her grasp and ask the doctor about what actually happened. I get up and replace my body space with a pillow, making her hug it tightly. I don't want to leave her; however, I have to sort this out in any way possible and as soon as possible.

I close the door behind me and make my way to the living room, where everybody is quick to sit uptight, looking at me with curious eyes. I see the doctor standing sophistically making his way towards me.

"Do you want to talk here or somewhere personal?" The doctor asks me silently, though everybody heard it.

"Talk here." Aiden adds looking at me hard. His eyes are mixed with emotions obviously not taking risks after seeing the condition of Valarie. I nod telling him to sit on the seat across me. He hesitantly takes a seat, looking at all once and sighing quietly.

"This was the case of physical violence. Someone tried harming her but not with the intention of killing her." He says quietly and all voices in the room go silent. Everybody looking at the doctor with wide eyes and the boys with their jaws clenched.

"She had a minor concession. Someone hit her head pretty heavily against a hard substance. She has bruises on her shoulder blades, her neck, her cheek. There are no handprints on the neck making it clear that the person didn't try on killing her." He says it all and at the end of it, the room was now filled with Ivy's cries.

Charlott all this time tried hard on keeping her emotions at bay but now her eyes are red bloodshot, anger evident on her face, and squeezing the hell out of Lucas's hand in the process.

I cannot define the feeling I am experiencing right now. Rage, fury, vulnerability, destructive, and some emotions I'm feeling for the first time. My hands are tight in a fist and my jaw clenched as hard to break the world.