Thirty-Nine

The Meeting

The Meeting.

Chapter 39

"Charlott! Give me my phone back." I shout running after her in my room in just my lace bra and business pants.

"Let me answer the phone and I will think about it. I just want to say one thing." She says, and stops at the end of the bed, across me.

"No Char you can't do that." I whine at this point not wanting for her to answer my phone but this hot-headed person does the opposite of it as always. I do feel like a mother who is running after her devil child making her eat vegetables. Before I could say further, I hear her answer the phone.

Oh no.

"Hello Mr. Elijah, Charlott answering the phone. How are doing today?" What the fuck! Is this the same Charlott I know?

"Valarie? Who- Oh Valarie Frost who is fucking your son right now?" and there she is, her voice coming extra sweet now. I am so gonna kill her after this.

"I am sorry Mr. Elijah but reaching her at the moment won't be possible." She winks in my direction making me amused and angry both at this encounter.

"What? You want to give her a message? You want twins? Why not go for triplet sir, the more the merrier you know?" At this point I know she is ignoring all that he is saying and just blabbering her thoughts to piss me and him both.

"Tell you what Sir, you should get laid too, good for health and mind too, maybe then YOU WILL STOP BOSSING AROUND ANYONE THAT COMES YOUR WAY YOU OLD PIECE-" and that was the borderline of everything when I snatched the phone from her hand, giving me an innocent pouty look, running out of the room quickly.

Now what should I do with calling him? I am even scared of holding this phone right now, and Oh boy- here is the phone on which he is calling back. Deep breath Valarie. Dig deeper and die somewhere there already. I clear my throat and press the green button.

Deep Breath.

"Good Afternoon Mr. Elijah." I say with a shaky voice while sitting straight as if he is sitting in front of me right, taking my college interview.

"Valarie. How is Rome's air treating you?" And that's the uncle Elijah I know. I let out a sigh, praying that he doesn't bring out his call with Charlott.

"Everything is good Uncle; I was just preparing for the meeting." I say politely, not in want to ignite the fire. Even though he is always been good to me since my birth, I still was scared of him and his ways of how he acted with everybody else. 

I was somewhere happy that he treated me fairly well, but still not satisfied how he treated the others, close to me or not. I was somewhere happy that he treated me fairly well, but still not satisfied with how he treated the others, close to me or not. But who was I to judge and complain?