💜 110 💜

Breakfast the next morning is a groggy affair

Breakfast the next morning is a groggy affair. All are still tired, and the regular complaining is in full swing when I join them with my plate full of fruit. While I'm eating, the complaining turns into the girls discussing the boys, and seeing them. When I'm done with eating I sit back and listen while I pretend to be on my phone. I hope someone let's something else slip, but now is not the time.

Chun-Hei comes to the table, and informs us we'll be leaving in ten minutes. I get up and clean after myself. Sapphire follows me, and together we go over to the lobby and wait. The others join us, and Hwan motions us over after five minutes. We get in the van, and he drives away. I watch out the window, but listen to everything the girls say.

The first interview is a quick little 15 minutes in a radio station. And I had fun, the dj didn't care for Pearl or Opal and asked all questions looking at me. And everytime she opened her mouth, he cut her off, saying, "Let's hear what Aqua has to say." Of course Sapphire acts as my translator to keep up the ruse. And I'm grateful for that.

And of course she directs her anger at me. I have no control over what other people say or do, but she blames me for everything. The second interview is for a magazine, and it takes place in one of their conference rooms. There are three journalists, and I get paired with Pearl and Opal. When Chun-Hei asked me to sit with them, it's so the other girls get a say too. Otherwise they would be overshadowed again. I don't mind, I can handle those two. Well all actually.

I play along, but internally I cringe at all the lies. The questions aren't so much about the new songs, but more about the dynamic in the group. Pearl is spewing lies about everyone, including me. How close we are, and apparently we do everything together. I can barely suppress my snort. And I bite my tongue, first I can't let them know I can speak Japanese, and second neither Pearl or Opal supposedly translate for me, so I can't answer. But if she goes too far, I will give up on the ruse, and speak my mind.

Luckily she doesn't exaggerate too much, so I keep my mouth shut. After we get something to eat at a small sushi place, and I'm in heaven. But unfortunately I can't eat too much, or the performance will suffer. Me being too full will impact my dancing. It's the best sushi I've had in a while, and Pearl finds things to complain about. Why do you have to voice every little thing you don't like? If I were to do that I think I would be exhausted at the end of the day. Besides how can you enjoy anything, if all you do is complain?

When Chun-Hei gets up to pay, the nerves arrive in full force. Now we head to the venue to get ready for the show. A hush settles over us when we drive for 30 minutes, and I watch the sun set. I'm not sure at what time the concert starts, so I refrain from contacting Yoongi. I don't want to throw him off his game, should he be on stage now. Hwan parks the van and the girls get out. I follow them quickly. I feel like my limbs are shaking, but when I look at my hands they are still.

A stylist is waiting for us, and we follow her to the dressing room. As we walk I look around everywhere, but I don't see them. As I enter the dressing room, I see the girls already halfway undressed. My regular stylist is talking to three stylists of BTS, and I get curious. When they see me, they quickly finish their conversation, and bow at me and leave as fast as they can. I raise my eyebrows at my stylist, and she shrugs her shoulders. "Give me a moment," she tells me, and I nod. I turn around and walk out.