Chapter 11

"'Hey Gogy! Take all my money, I've been saving up.' 100 dollars! That's so much! Thank you so much for the donation, but please keep some money for yourself," George laughs as he purchases pink wool and a sword in Bedwars.

"But yeah, as I was saying, we're not doing much today, I just thought I might as well stream if I wasn't going to be doing anything else, so here I am," George explains to his viewers as he builds a bridge to the central island, "Don't expect anything too interesting, this is just an ordinary Bedwars stream."

Opposition comes his way, two members of the yellow (or green) team come running his way, the movements of their swords already indicating their aggressive manner. George runs back at them, the clicking of his mouse becoming the only sound other than his background music.

He manages to get rid of one of the teammates, but the other one hits him on one heart and he dies as the crack of lightning indicates the event.

"'Hello GeorgeNotFound, how was the plane to Florida?" George laughs, quiet and reserved, "I'm not in Florida guys, I don't think I'll be going any time soon."

His heart clenches, he shoves it all away.

There, he said it.

Given away the first hints that things are changing. Started the slow descent into acceptance. I'm doing the right thing, George thinks as he buys more wool and a sword.

He makes a point to ignore chat for the next five minutes so he won't have to watch their disappointment and confused messages coming through at a rate that makes his eyes hurt.

During that time, his bed gets destroyed due to negligent bed defenses from his teammates (and definitely not George himself at all) and he loses all his other teammates. The situation is looking bleak as George buys multiple golden apples to heal himself back up after a scuffle that ridded them of the red team but also his last remaining team member.

He grows quiet as he becomes absorbed into the game, bridging and collecting and killing whenever needed. He checks the sidebar and notes that the only team remaining, the blue team, still has two people left, with their bed intact. He'll need to start clutching.

George collects all the diamonds and gold he can before spending it all purchasing wool, upgrading weapons, and acquiring golden apples. When he deems himself ready, he hops over to one of the islands adjacent to blue team's spawn.

His opposition, having spotted him from where they had been upgrading their bed defenses, immediately climb on top of their wool. Neither side crosses, however, afraid that a fireball will send them flying to their inevitable death and doom.

Finally, George takes the first step and builds as tall as he can possibly manage before attempting to bridge across. The blue team wastes no time hurling a fireball in his direction, and he jumps back to his original island before he can fall off.

Come on, George thinks, Just come over here already.

Maybe the pretty privilege is real after all, because almost immediately after his prayer one of the members starts bridging across. George prepares his wool and starts building to the height of the other player's bridge.

Three-quarters of their way across, the blue team member gets rushed by a very concentrated George who knocks them off immediately. He races across the one-block wide bridge as he heads toward their island, immediately attacking the other member when he lands. In a matter of seconds, he finishes the person off and attacks their bed defense.

In a blur of end stone, blue wool, wooden planks, and his own tools digging viciously through the different types of blocks, George gets their bed.

Ding!

George cheers, chugging a gapple as he prepares to kill the other two for the last time. Even with better equipment, more tools, and more experience, the 2v1 is close.

Suddenly, lightning and the roaring of the Ender Dragon.

On half a heart, George leads his team to victory.

He screams obnoxiously loud, clapping and getting out of his chair in his excitement.

"WOOOO!! Let's flipping go! I'm amazing," he settles back down in the chair, still smiling wide and euphoric about his close victory, "I'm literally sweating, that was so intense, oh my god."

"I did so well with the last two people, someone clip that and add it to a GeorgeNotFound epic montage," he tells his chat enthusiastically, "I made, like, a Dream big-brain move when the first person towered across."

Oh god, Dream.

Why did he mention Dream?

In his focus and concentration and the big win, he finally had a break from moping about Dream. Of course, he has to bring him up and ruin the experience for himself.

George used to love how prevalent Dream was in his life, and now he's miserable.

He tries keeping up the happy spirits from the victory, but moves on much quicker than he usually would and hopes the fans won't notice.

Another Bedwars game, George thinks.

Another, another, another, another, another, until he can't think hard enough to remember Dream.

---

Kang's Note: Hi! Sorry this one is more George using unhealthy coping mechanisms to forget his issues but I promise the next chapter is interesting! Once again I swear this fic is supposed to be fluffy I have no idea what's going on here why are they angsting. As always, thank you for reading! I appreciate any and all support from you guys, have a great day!