Chapter 28

"George?" Dream smiles down at George, who has arranged himself in quite the dramatic fainting position lying down on the mattress.

"I've fallen asleep, don't talk to me," George replies, closing his eyes and flopping over sideways so he can turn his back to Dream.

"But you haven't even finished the quiz yet!" Dream replies, as he pushes George repeatedly on his shoulders, "You can't just quit now."

"Who said I was gonna quit?" George sits up with a displeased expression on his face, "I'll finish it."

Then he proceeds to cross his arms like an upset toddler and ignore Dream's expectant gaze, "Maybe you should go brush your teeth or something, it's getting late."

"George! It's 9 in the evening. You know I never sleep until at least 2, right?" Dream protests, grabbing the laptop and shoving it in George's direction, "Stop being a baby."

"Well then, here's when we'll start fixing your sleep schedule, "George takes the computer and plops it down next to him, clearly not going to take the quiz until he gets his way, "Go brush up."

Dream narrows his eyes and regards George's stubborn face, "You just don't want me to see the results."

George shrugs, "Yeah. That's right. And what about it?"

"What are you scared about? I showed you mine," Dream lowers his tone, and is leaning forward in a way that would usually fluster George and make him frazzled enough to go by Dream's wishes.

Not tonight. Tonight George is boosted by tiredness and delirium, and he does not care.

"I didn't ask you to show yours," George sasses right back, disregarding Dream's voice and motions, "And I deserve some privacy. So go brush your teeth and it'll be all over when you come back."

"You're the worst!" Dream tells him as he begrudgingly slides off the bed and onto the floor, "What was even the point of making you take the quiz?"

"I don't know Dream, guess you didn't think it through," George taunts as he follows Dream's figure out the door.

When he hears the bathroom door closing, he grabs the computer at record speed and deletes the tab completely. Then, opening an incognito window, he retypes the name of the quiz.

Exhaling deeply then checking the door once again to make sure Dream wasn't there, George clicks "Start." He may have complained the entire time Dream made him take the quiz, but honestly, he's curious as well about what he gets if he was being honest on all the questions. And what better opportunity than now? When Dream is just a hallway away and George is on his computer?

He starts speedrunning the questions, altering them from his original answers from when he took it in front of Dream. At a few of the questions, he hesitates and lingers before gritting his teeth and selecting the answer he thinks is most accurate, even if they are truly extremely embarrassing. On his last question, he thinks he hears a noise on Dream's side, and fumbles, clicking without even thinking and desperately hoping that the answer will show before Dream comes back.

The bathroom door creaks open just as the result almost load, and a pop-up ad almost makes George throw the computer against the wall completely. He clicks it away immediately and glimpses his answer just before Dream steps through the door again.

"Are you done?" Dream asks, simultaneously as George slams the lid of the laptop down and looks over with a slightly crazed smile.

"Finished," George replies, and tries to look as non-incriminating as he can manage, "I'll go brush my teeth now."